Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memory Craft 6600P >

Janome Memory Craft 6600P

Janome Memory Craft 6600P

Old 10-12-2011, 05:07 AM
C.

Congrats....You will absolutely love this machine!!! I will never part with mine, over 4 years old now and never a problem. All the advice is great, one other is going to the Janome website, they have a forum also that is helpful. Relax, read the manual and get familiar with stitch length and width buttons, needle up/down button, and reading the screen. It really is easy once you know the buttons and screen. Take it slow and love it!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:11 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hey I'm 46 and have a 6600 too! :-D

I love it, wouldn't change it for the world. :-D In fact it's due for servicing at the moment but I can't bear to be without it for the few days the man will keep it (and I have two other machines so that's not the issue) I MUST ring the service man. :lol:
Old 10-12-2011, 05:55 AM

There's a group on Yahoo just for owners of the Janome 6500 and 6600.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:11 AM

I bought this machine last March and I'm very happy with it.......it's a user friendly machine and the only issue I have with it is it really likes good thread and new needles...........when I started using a new needle with every new project and bought good quality thread it worked fine. I used the Accufeed on some decorative stitches when quilting and it worked pretty well as long as the stitch didn't have a lot of backward and forward pattern...........I was able to do some nice decorative stitch in the ditch patterns with it.........................the book says you should only use 3 or 4 different of the decorative stitches because of the accufeed..........................One other thing the manual doesn't tell you is you should remove the needle plate and put a small drop of sewing machine oil on the wick.......I had the dealer show me how to do it.....................
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 AM

I have had my Janome for a couple of years now. I found it very easy to work. I even FMQ my runners and small baby quilts on it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 AM

Is this accufeed thing supposed to stay on all the time, or, can it be removed?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Dix

Love my 6600 maschine. I was so uptight when I first got it I tried to make it too hard! Relax and keep you book handy, and have fun!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:53 AM

The accufeed thingy is permanently attached to the machine however it is only in use when you attach an accufeed foot and pull the thingy down and under the foot to engage them as one.

I love the accufeed's ability to make stitch in the ditch so easy.

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
Is this accufeed thing supposed to stay on all the time, or, can it be removed?
Old 10-12-2011, 06:54 AM

My dealer retired. How often do you oil the wick?

Originally Posted by Chris Penna
I bought this machine last March and I'm very happy with it.......it's a user friendly machine and the only issue I have with it is it really likes good thread and new needles...........when I started using a new needle with every new project and bought good quality thread it worked fine. I used the Accufeed on some decorative stitches when quilting and it worked pretty well as long as the stitch didn't have a lot of backward and forward pattern...........I was able to do some nice decorative stitch in the ditch patterns with it.........................the book says you should only use 3 or 4 different of the decorative stitches because of the accufeed..........................One other thing the manual doesn't tell you is you should remove the needle plate and put a small drop of sewing machine oil on the wick.......I had the dealer show me how to do it.....................
Old 10-12-2011, 06:58 AM

I have a 6600 and love it. There's a group on Yahoo for 6500/6600 owners and it's been a big help when I've had problems. The manual is a start but it's not very detailed. BTW all my problems turned out to be user error.