Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Memory Craft 6600P >

Janome Memory Craft 6600P

Janome Memory Craft 6600P

Old 10-12-2011, 07:30 AM

This is a GREAT machine! I also purchased mine on e-bay. I have LOVED it! There are no dealers near me, so when I traveled, I went to a Janome dealer and the saleslady was so helpful! She demonstrated various feet and accessories that I was interested in. I asked if there was a CD to show how to use it (I need to see the pictures!), but there is not. On my own, I googled "Janome", and up came the wonderful website that answered all my questions, complete with video tutorials! Just go to Janome, then look up "6600", then scroll down the accessory list. There is a "standard accessory" list, which shows all the items that came with your machine. You can click on the button for "video", and watch the tut on how to use it. Also, there is an additional accessory list and it works the same! I have ordered several additional feet for neat applications, such as the accufeed ruffler, and the foot for attaching ribbons or elastic after I saw those tuts. I hope this helps! Have fun with your new machine! Debbie
Old 10-12-2011, 07:53 AM

Janome has a lot of video tutorials online on using the different presser feet, etc. This should be a very good machine. It will be fun to use especially after you get used to the different features.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM

there is also an app in the app store called 'the foot book' Its 6.99 and shows all the feet for the 6600 and each foot has a short video that shows how to use it. If you have an Ipad, its definitely worth it.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:11 AM

I've had mine for just a little over a year, & I love it ! it really IS a workhorse ! I've sewed cottons to outdoor wp canvas on it and no problems -
There is a flip stitch guide handy at the top of the machine. READ your manual well ! (I made a copy to make notes in, have it in a binder) Try out stitches and make a stitch sample "book". The Janome website has good info, you can download the manual, see accessories and video too.
Lots of 6600 owners here, great tips. There are a bunch of YouTube videos also. Go play and enjoy ! :)
Old 10-12-2011, 08:56 AM

Location: Live in Michigan, but I'm in Heaven when in my sewing room

Fantastic Idea, thanks for sharing. Probably going to do this tonight!!!!
Originally Posted by DonnaC
I don't own that particular machine but wanted to chime in. When I purchased my most recent computerized machine with 400+ stitches, what I did was cut doubled pieces of muslin into 8.5"x11" pieces, loaded the machine with dark-colored thread, and stitched out each and every stitch pattern. (I know they are all printed in your manual, but I like to see them actually stitched on fabric.) Then I took a Sharpie marker and wrote the stitch number above each row of stitching, put each muslin piece into a clear page protector, and put them all into a binder. That way it's a quick reference for me as to what stitches I have available.

Other than that, I would say just read the manual... very carefully. Sometimes we miss a little item here and there and it causes us grief (smile).

Good luck with your new machine.
:P :P
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
I don't own that particular machine but wanted to chime in. When I purchased my most recent computerized machine with 400+ stitches, what I did was cut doubled pieces of muslin into 8.5"x11" pieces, loaded the machine with dark-colored thread, and stitched out each and every stitch pattern. (I know they are all printed in your manual, but I like to see them actually stitched on fabric.) Then I took a Sharpie marker and wrote the stitch number above each row of stitching, put each muslin piece into a clear page protector, and put them all into a binder. That way it's a quick reference for me as to what stitches I have available.

Other than that, I would say just read the manual... very carefully. Sometimes we miss a little item here and there and it causes us grief (smile).

Good luck with your new machine.
This is an excellent idea just to get yourself used to using the machine at first.

You're going to find that lots of people here on the board have this machine and they love it! You can do a search for it to see other people's comments.

Have fun with your new machine!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Suzanne in VT
Is this accufeed thing supposed to stay on all the time, or, can it be removed?
It is permanently affixed to the machine ... you move it up & click it into place when not in use.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM

I have the MC6600P Janome and absolutely LOVE it!! Especially love the accufeed. That is one of the reasons I chose this machine when I upgrade from my 1966 Kenmore! Read the manual ... it has a lot of good information. Janome.com has some good videos also. When I bought mine, I was told it never needed oiled. That is incorrect information! It has a tiny wick under the bobbin case where you place a drop of oil. Don't over-do. It doesn't need much. It's a delight to sew on!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM

My local dealer would NOT be accommodating to anyone who did not buy from him...and he would charge accordingly. I find him greedy even when I did buy from him. I realize he does have to make a living, but i would think he would sell more if he were nicer...oh well.....
Old 10-12-2011, 10:59 AM

I got one about a month ago. The instructions are great. I don't have anything I can suggest. Everything was real clear in the instructions.

I love mine

My dealer is having a Janome rep coming on Monday. I have an appointment to meet with them and ask questions. I don't have any but hope they may show me things I don't know are there.