Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina? >

Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina?

Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina?

Old 10-29-2011, 02:42 AM

I love my Brother NX 2000 (Laura Ashley version). MOST important is the dealer you purchase from and that they are totally familiar with the machine they are selling!
Old 10-29-2011, 02:48 AM

I have a Viking. I love the scissors and needle down.
Love my machine. If I was spending $$$$ I would buy the top of the line Brother or Babylock. They have a automatic needle threader. Just press a button and it threads like magic.
(Pfaff and Viking are made by the same people. the same as baby lock and Brother. Don't know about the others.
LC
Old 10-29-2011, 02:54 AM

If you are looking at a high end machine, make sure there are shops nearby for service. A friend bought a Viking. The shop closed. Now she drives 3 hours for service. There are 2 Bernina dealers within an hours drive. She now wishes she bought a Bernina.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:07 AM

I'll chime in about my Horizon, love it. Also love my Babylock. The dealer is very important so check them out. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:31 AM

I have a Pfaff and a Bernina I love both and use them for different things but the Bernina is really tops more power even though I have to put the walking foot on it is much better than the IDT foot also the stitch regulator is the most wonderful thing ever and best of all no plastic parts but what ever way you go you need a good dealer
Old 10-29-2011, 03:47 AM

i have three janome and one bernia love them both and havent had much trouble. i would love to have a horizon but hubby thinks i have enough machines.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:03 AM

I think all of your considerations are good machines, with the exception of a Bernina, which is a FABULOUS machine. If it were me, I would check Craigslist for a lightly used Bernina...I love, love, LOVE mine. Feel free to PM me if you have any particular questions. I have also owned a Janome 6600, so I can contrast and compare if needed. Have fun with your search. :-D
Old 10-29-2011, 04:12 AM

Depends on your budget and what you will use it for. Berninas are always more expensive. After owning Berninas forever, and their changing feet, software etc. so it would not work with the older models, I went to Pfaff. Have never looked back, LOVE my Pfaff 2170. Smooth as silk, has the built in walking foot, and does everything beautifully.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 AM

I am sooooo excited!!! Just plunked down a deposit to order the new Janome Horizon 12000!!!! It's going to be totally worth the big bucks for all those wonderful stitches and capabilities. I also have another Janome embroidery machine (the 11000SE) that I'm trading in for this new model...it has been a whole lot of fun to play with doing all my quilting and little embroidery craft projects...and I think it's much easier to use than my Bernina 730. Sometimes, I wonder just what will happen with these machines in the next 20 years or so. Aren't we the lucky ones to have access to so many choices of wonderful sewing machines?
Old 10-29-2011, 04:16 AM

Go for it!! :)

Originally Posted by psquared52
I absolutely LOVe my Janome6600. Am seriously considering the 12000.