Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina? >

Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina?

Janome? Viking? Pfaff? Bernina?

Old 10-29-2011, 07:13 AM

Why be satisfied with just ONE machine?? Do your research, check your bank account and buy 2 different brands. Not everyone likes the same machine. It is personal preference. I like my Designer 1, but they are so costly for maintenance, etc. I am working with 3 different machines on each project - one for embroidery, one for straight stitching, and one for decorative designs.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:17 AM

Bernina hands down. I have a 640E and love love love it! My dealer is the greatest too so that helps.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:22 AM

I have had my Janome for 12 years. Never had any problems at all. I am currently looking to up grade and will probably get another Janome. I might add that their attachments are very reasonable compared to some of the others.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:25 AM

Why isn't Babylock on your list? I love mine.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:27 AM

They are all good machines and Pfaff is the only one with a small built in walking foot. But I say my choice would be the one that has a good service center and and in shop lessons and and individual help and is close to you.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Glenis Burrows
Hi everyone, I love to read about the different brands of machines you all own and how you have your favourites. What intrigues me is that I have never read about anyone on the QB owning or using any industrial machines. Gleniveve
I keep getting tempted about industrials, just haven't had the chance to try one. My biggest worry is that it would be too fast, too strong for me at my age, now past senior age into elderly age.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:48 AM

I hardly ever see the name of my machine in this blog so here goes. BABY LOCK! I have two of them, love them both, have had the one for 3 years now. They are easy to use, sew beautifully, come with loads of attachments and are user friendly. My friend who also has Baby Lock machines is just like me - Always wondering if they are a well kept secret. At least consider looking at one. They are wonderful.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:01 AM

My Bernina is over twelve years old and I still love her. The newer ones do lots more than mine, that said I'll keep her. Besides I have a selection of feet that fit her.
I love Bernina machines!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by dcamarote
I hardly ever see the name of my machine in this blog so here goes. BABY LOCK! I have two of them, love them both, have had the one for 3 years now. They are easy to use, sew beautifully, come with loads of attachments and are user friendly. My friend who also has Baby Lock machines is just like me - Always wondering if they are a well kept secret. At least consider looking at one. They are wonderful.
I have a Baby Lock serger and I love it! The best there is in my book!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Navy Wife
I love my Pfaffs. I've been sewing with them for more than 30 years. However, if you hear from 100 people, you will get 100 opinions. They are all good machines, and I would buy the one that has the best dealer in your area. Make sure you will be able to get lessons on how to operate the machine, and that they offer good and speedy service.
It is more important to buy from the dealer that you like. I've had my used Pfaff for three years and love it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-278718.jpe