Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Janomes?

I have been a long time Janome owner. I currently have a 6600P and I love it. I've never had a problem with any of my Janomes. Great machines with a good stitch.

Love my Janome Horizon 7700!! The 11" bed is wonderful for FMQ. I love the needle threader, thread cutter, hundreds of decorative stitches, and, well, there are many other features that I love. I've only had her for a year, but I'm thinking she and I will have a long-term relationship.
    -Chris-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blessed are the children of quilters, for they shall inherit the quilts....

It does not do well, Harry, to dwell on the dreams....and forget to live. - Albus Dumbledore

I have the Janome DC5100 and just love it! It is so fast and doesn't mind hemming blue jeans one bit!
    Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves, For they shall never cease to be amused.

http://quiltsnmore.webs.com

I've got the 1600 and it sews so nicely. Straight stitch only but I like it. I do have other machines if I want something different.

I have owned several Janomes sewing & embroidery machines. I do love them but the company would not back me when a dealer dropped & broke my machine & smashed the base. I had to pay a lot to get it back otherwise this unscrupulous dealer could keep it due to a clause on their service slip stating it had to be picked up by a certain date or relinquished. She even admitted it wasn't broken when I dropped it off. She is now out of business after all these yrs. there are a lot of great dealers out there. Shop for the dealer just like the machine. You'll love it. Good luck.

I,ve got the DC 2010 and believe me--I have put it through a lot of things since I got it. I have not had any problems with it except for the foot pedal and the dealer was right there to fix te problem.--Even gave me another foot pdal till He esolved the problem.
    If I had to get another machine it would be another Janome.
    I have even quilted a queen size quilt with mine--takes some doing -but i get it done.

I absolutely love mine. I am saving up for the 6600 now.

I guess it depends on how much money you want to spend. The majority of people who own Janomes are happy with them. Since your a quilter and aren't interested in embroidery patterns, I would buy the Janome with the widest throat I could find. I love my Janome 10000 but I don't like it's narrow throat. It's my only complaint about it.

Blog Entries
    I switched from an older Pfaff to a Janome 6600 abut a year and a half ago and am very happy with my new machine. I chose the Janome over Pfaff because where I live in Maine the Janome dealer (my LQS) is only about 15 minutes up the road and a Pfaff dealer is well over an hour. You might consider your choices in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    I've got the TXL 607 and love it. The auto thread cutter has paid for itself with amount of thread I've saved on, lol. I love the fact that I don't have to use the pedal and can just set the speed, particularly for FMQ. It also has an alphabet and quite a few decorative stitches.
    I see you are from where my Grandparents were born! Did you get your machine from David Drummond's of Edinburgh, as I do. I recently bought the Elna 720, now made by Janome, and although expensive you get what you pay for.

I totally agree with you on the Thread Cutter I wouldn't buy a machines without one now, ditto with the speed control and working the machine without the pedal. I find that it comes into it's own when doing fancy stitches or embroidery as you get a better stable speed control.

I am jealous of your upcoming New Year festivities for which Edinburgh is famous for, Happy Hogmanay

Very happy with my Janome 6600 (2+ years and no problems) and my Viking MegaQuilter (5+ yrs) also made by Janome. Both are workhorses !

Mine is a much older Janome but I have had really good luck with it.

I had the 6500 for years and loved it, gave it to DD and bought the 7700. I love it too. I have a Juki on a frame and the Janome 3160 to take to class (I had the Janome 720 and 760, but the 3160 sews most like my 7700).
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by spokanequilter View Post
    Love my Janome Horizon 7700!! The 11" bed is wonderful for FMQ. I love the needle threader, thread cutter, hundreds of decorative stitches, and, well, there are many other features that I love. I've only had her for a year, but I'm thinking she and I will have a long-term relationship.

I decided to go with the horizon 7700!!! It's being shipped Monday
    ELIZAJANE

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your choice! I have the Janome 6600 and love it. What an awesome Christmas present!

I have the 7700 and love it. Join our yahoo group. Janome Horizon 7700_8900. Lots of great information.

Merry Christmas!
    SewMomma66 - Janome 7700 named Lucy, Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 named Ethyl, Babylock serger named Fred, and Janome 9500 named Ricky.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpkam View Post
    I decided to go with the horizon 7700!!! It's being shipped Monday
    Congrats ! I purchased a 7700 this summer. Love every minute sewing on it. All of my piecing is much improved using it. I also have the Memory Craft 11000 SE. It's old..never a problem with it; love the quality of embroidery on it.. however, it appears that my 7700 is better for piecing. It's extra nice (saves time, too) having one machine set up for embroidery/QITH projects and one for regular sewing.

I have the 7700 love it!
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Janome 6500 now for 9 yrs. Great machine with a 9 in. throat opening, knee lifter and auto push button thread cutter. The plain straight stitch version is the Janome 1600. Besure to get the one with the auto thread cutter button and the knee lifter.
    Anna Quilts

Blog Entries
    Love my janome but she stays at home. If you intend to take the machine to classes I would sew on them to get a feel and pick them up to feel the weight for carrying. I think all the memory craft are heavy.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Helpful advise please.

I have the opportunity to purchase a Janome MC 10000 for approximately $1500. I can find very little about it on the Internet, other than it had a great initial review. The machine is over 10 years old, but has been in storage for the last 5. Does this sound like a good deal?

Personally, I think that is way too much for such an old machine. I am not familiar with that particular machine, however. You might call a Janome dealer and ask their advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouv2 View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase a Janome MC 10000 for approximately $1500. I can find very little about it on the Internet, other than it had a great initial review. The machine is over 10 years old, but has been in storage for the last 5. Does this sound like a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    I have a Janome 3050DC and I love it. Does not have alot of bells and whistles buts a great machine!
    That's my machine too. It has lots of fun stitches. I'm happy with mine, too.

I've had a 10001 for about 8 years and love it. It's only been in for service, never for repairs. It's a great machine!

I love my Janome 9000MC but the price they're asking seems too steep, especially since it's been in storage 5 years.
    Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast