Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Janomes?

You could buy a new Janome Horizon for pretty close to that and it has a deep harp for machine quilting

I have 2 Janomes. My 1st is the 6260 (no longer made) I've had it for 10 years and never a problem. I also have the 7700 my dream machine does all I need it to do and then some. I feel you can't go wrong with a Janome. I have several friends who have had the same experience as me with different Janomes. I suggest you go to a dealer and sit down and play with many different models and see which one feel right to you. The dealers are usually very good at explaining the differences between models. Good luck.

Go to different dealers, test drive several brands, see which ones you like best. Also, which DEALER you like best. After you purchase you new sewing machine, you will have to bring it to the dealer for yearly checkups. If you buy a machine you love, but, you have to have it serviced at a dealership you can't stand, you have a problem. The after sale customer service is very important. There is a Bernina dealer 50 miles from where I live.The problem is, he is not good at customer service. I go to the Bernina dealer 100 miles from where I live. Why? Because they are so much nicer to deal with than the closer Bernina dealer. There are Bernina customers who live in the city that is 50 miles from me that will not go to that dealer, instead they travel 150 miles to have their Bernina serviced. In fact, the dealer 100 miles from me told be that some of their customers travel across the whole state to come to their store. Having a good dealer is very important. Good Luck!

Yes mine is a Janome 350E

Blog Entries
    I got rid of my Janome - the old machines are so much better
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.

I have the janome quilters 8900. Sews like a dream and 14" throat!

Blog Entries
    I Love my memory craft. Have had it for years with no problems at all. I am going to up grade soon ( I hope) and will get another Janome - no doubt.

I have 2 Janomes, a 4800 "Quilter's edition" and a 7700. The 4800 is great for piecing and walking foot quilting, but has caused me endless problems with FMQ, which is why I put "quilter's edition" in quotes. I struggled for years, and got very little support from Janome or their dealer when I eventually concluded that I had a lemon. They insisted that the problems must be my incompetence. Because of this, I didn't really want another Janome, but when I tried the alternatives, it was obvious that the 7700 was much better than anything else in its price range, so I reluctantly bought it, going to a different dealer this time. And it's wonderful! Amazing how overnight I suddenly could do FMQ... So I think I'd say be very careful about choosing where you buy a Janome: there are some lemons about, and if you get one, you'll need a helpful dealer - don't expect any help from Janome themselves, who are incredibly defensive. That said, I think most Janomes are excellent, quality machines.

Janome 6600 and I love it. It is a great machine, the Accufeed system is fantastic!!! It is a hard decision to make - good luck!!!

Blog Entries
    I have the 7700 and love it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4