Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jelly Roll Question

Blog Entries
    Another vote for the bolt view can really see the fabrics.
    Dreams Do Come True
    Good friends are like quilts - they age with you, yet never lose their warmth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
    Showing the stack of bolts with the Jelly Roll is a great idea. Gives a much better idea of what you are getting. I would buy a Jelly Roll of that stack.
    Me, too... yummy! I like the way the Tonga Treats are laid out, too.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    The bolts view is really nice ... though the Tonga Treats does give a pretty good view of what's in the package.

Reminds me ... I won a TT JR in a Shop Hop last year, and have yet to do anything with it ... I'm so not used to precuts that I guess I forgot all about it!
    I have a really, really good idea about what you could do with you TT JR... send it to me... LOL! I love them! YUMMY! I was just drooling over some this evening. Like I need more fabric, but still...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Jelly Rolls are "scrappy", if you like the general color way, do you really have to love every piece in the group? They should play well together anyway and after all, its all illusion don't ya think?
    Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    The bolt view is nice, as is the Timeless Treasure view. (Walmart carries a brand packaged that way too.) Usually, there is also a charm pack, or fat quarter bundle near by with the same fabrics which also gives me a better clue as to the fabric patterns.

OMG! That stack of bolts looks absolutely scrumptious! LOL!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    The first two I would not buy, as it's hard to get a sense of what's inside. The Tonga Treasures is terrific and a picture like you have for the fourth is excellent. My only experience in buying a jelly roll type package was with the Stonehenge fabrics and they were packaged similar to the Tonga Treasures. Fabric is too expensive and my time too precious to spend either one buying something I can't see!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    Adding my vote to the stack! I've only bought jelly rolls in person at quilt shows - not by email, so my vote is skewed. I REALLY like sewing with them, though and seeing the stack next to the jelly rolls at a web site would make me more likely to buy them.

The bolt view gives a great view of the fabrics! I hope the fabric companies are monitoring this board and see the suggestion!

Blog Entries
    YES!!!! Love the idea. Please PLEASE offer one made of the fabrics you showed!

Blog Entries
    I think having the bolts of fabric next to the jelly roll is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    The first two I would not buy, as it's hard to get a sense of what's inside. The Tonga Treasures is terrific and a picture like you have for the fourth is excellent. My only experience in buying a jelly roll type package was with the Stonehenge fabrics and they were packaged similar to the Tonga Treasures. Fabric is too expensive and my time too precious to spend either one buying something I can't see!
    Stonehenge does jelly rolls? Oh my! I feel a shopping trip coming on!!!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

I think showing the bolts with the jelly roll is a great thing - or show the charm squares of the same fabric.

Blog Entries
    I, too, hate to purchase fabrics I can't see. I just go to Missouri Star Quilt Company because all their fabrics have a little thumbnail photo you can click on tho see what's in the collection.
    Create with joy in your heart!

Great idea to show the bolts. If I'm shopping online I'd usually use Google image search for the name of the fabric line. The picture would save that bother.

Love the bolts!! I would definately buy them.
    Linda58

"A human being has a natural desire to have more of a good thing than he needs." --Mark Twain

If I'm considering a JR online, I'll go to a website that shows the fabrics in the fat quarter collections with the same number of pieces. That way I can see all the fabrics included in the JR.

I love the stack idea. I always try to find a pic of a roll. I have only had one jelly roll and that was a gift. I am not one to play with strips of fabric really. I find it hard to pick a pattern and am not a real scrappy person
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I have bought several of the rolls before because I like when a "professional" has put them together. If there is 1 or 2 of the fabrics that I don't particularly like when I unroll it, I just leave them out, or substitute them.
    Showing the bolts is a good idea, too.

Blog Entries
    Where do some vendors get pictures of swatches of the fabrics included in a jelly roll, charm pack or FQ bundle? I love that! The bolts are also a good idea.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

I really like how it is done at missiouriquiltco.com, when you click on the roll on the next screen there is a image that shows all the different fabrics. It works the same way for charm packs. I wouldn't purchase without "seeing" the different fabrics.

I've bought Tonga Treats because they were displayed so nicely. I'd love to have a jelly roll of those bolts of fabric, those are simply beautiful.

Loving the view of the bolts! Loving those fabrics, as well. That would make such a happy quilt!

Blog Entries
    Love the bolts idea and how beautiful are they. I would probably buy the timeless treasures one too. It gives a much better view of the colours then the rolls do.

Blog Entries
    The Timeless Treasures are packaged nicely, but the bolts are an awesome visual.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast