Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jelly Roll Question >

Jelly Roll Question

Jelly Roll Question

Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post
Showing the stack of bolts with the Jelly Roll is a great idea. Gives a much better idea of what you are getting. I would buy a Jelly Roll of that stack.
me too!! I like the stacks to be able to see the fabric play
Old 06-22-2012, 01:11 PM

Wonderful idea..now if we can just get the vendors to do this.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:23 PM

Yes, having the stack of bolts like that shows a bit more of the fabric. I many times avoid rolls and stacks, because I don't like buying something I can't see first.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

I think the Bolts idea is terrific!! Love those fabrics and colors, and would buy a JR, or charms, or a stack of those!
I would not buy a JR with pinked edges. I also would like to see what I am buying before handing over the $$$.
Thanks for sharing this~~
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes, I too would like to see all colors & prints (maybe a small picture could be atached) but then again perhaps that would take the end result & "suprise".
I am looking forward to making a few jelly roll quilts as place mats for gifts.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:01 PM

If you shop at Missouri Quilt Company you click on the jelly roll and it will open a window that shows the fabric in the jelly roll.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:16 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Where do some vendors get pictures of swatches of the fabrics included in a jelly roll, charm pack or FQ bundle? I love that! The bolts are also a good idea.
Evie, I think they create their own picture by putting together small pictures of the line. I have yet to see a fabric manufacturer offer those pictures... except for Moda, which makes available these "full collection" images which I personally find disappointing, because they paste together fabric pictures which are not to the same scale.
Attached Thumbnails moda-collection.jpg  
Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Love the colors in the stack of fabric. I rarely buy a jelly roll, however, if I could see the fabric in a stack I most likely would buy more of them.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 PM

After reading all of the posts in this thread, it appears that there are an awfull lot of "doubting Thomas's" out there...don't trust anything unless you can see it with your own eyes. I have been buying anduseing JRs for a long time and have NEVER had a single bad experience with any manufacturer or jelly roll. My the jelly rolls. Maybe it's because I am an Art quilter and not traditional quilter and love the small, though be it, surprise elliment with the jelly rolls. Maybe its because I love the color ways provided by the jelly rolls. Maybe its because I'm more trusting of the various manufacturers. Maybe its because I like the challenge of going outside the box. Maybe its because I like to live a little dangerously. Or maybe its simply that I just don't care that much about every single inch of the fabric. If on or two strips don't look right in what I'm making, the I substitue a strip that does. To me quilting if supposed to be FUN and ENJOYABLE and RELAXING and it just seems to me that there are a lot of people out there who are taking this art form way too seriously. My appologies if I have offended anyone as that certainly was not my intention. This is just my opinion.
Patqlts
Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

i think you have your answer.... but what I want to know is, HOW do we get a JR of those fabulous batiks?? You have us drooling over those gorgeous colors. And I know I'm not the only one.