Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Jinxed! >

Jinxed!

Jinxed!

Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM

Ok, I am new here and was reading this morning about the quilter who sewed her finger and other sewing accidents. I have been sewing for many years and quilting for 7 years and thought to myself --"so glad nothing like that has happened to me." Well, I went upstairs to start cutting for a quilt I am working on and immediately sliced my finger with the rotary cutter, taking a nice chunk out of the side by my fingernail. Had the same reaction many of you expressed - just stared in disbelief until the pain kicked in and the blood stated oozing.

So be warned, knock on wood, say a prayer, do a little good luck dance or whatever you have to do to keep yourself from being jinxed. :wink:
Old 03-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

boy i've done that. don't want to again.
it's bad enough that yesterday moring i was thinking it was good i hadn't been called for jury duty and yep, had a notice for jury duty in the mail later on. sigh!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:21 PM

so sorry that we jinxed you...be careful...If any of us come into a large sum of money, do you want us to tell you??? Just wondering...
:D :roll: :lol:
Old 03-04-2010, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by quilton
Ok, I am new here and was reading this morning about the quilter who sewed her finger and other sewing accidents. I have been sewing for many years and quilting for 7 years and thought to myself --"so glad nothing like that has happened to me." Well, I went upstairs to start cutting for a quilt I am working on and immediately sliced my finger with the rotary cutter, taking a nice chunk out of the side by my fingernail. Had the same reaction many of you expressed - just stared in disbelief until the pain kicked in and the blood stated oozing.

So be warned, knock on wood, say a prayer, do a little good luck dance or whatever you have to do to keep yourself from being jinxed. :wink:
I've done that, my husband came in one day and asked what I was doing, so I showed him I was cutting fabric, and sliced my thumb.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by quazyquilter
so sorry that we jinxed you...be careful...If any of us come into a large sum of money, do you want us to tell you??? Just wondering...
:D :roll: :lol:
Wow wouldn't that be a great way to be jinxed?!!
Old 03-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Power Poster

If the jinxing involved me getting money I'm all for it. :lol: :lol: :lol: It does seem sometimes as soon as we say "That hasn't happened to me" it does. Sorry about your finger.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:05 PM

ok Im sending money jinxes to everyone!!!! Im thinking maybe buying some armor for my hands. Ouch!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 10:14 PM

I've done that twice. The first time had to go to the emergency room to get 4 stitches. The second time just took the skin right off. After that my husband took my rotary cutter away until I got a guard on the ruler. It hasn't happened again.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by quilton

Yup, been there, done that, 6 stitches and a ruined fingernail for life!!!! Had to call my hubby to take me to the hospital, I passed out before he got home to get me!!! I have an awesome respect for those sharp little buggers.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 AM

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to jinx you. Mine really was not painful at all. I am very thankful for me and sorry for you.