Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: jo annes coupons

jo annes coupons

can you print off the ones that come in your emai? That`s what the`re for right? Why does it say in the fine print no copies? Or do the scan the code and number. Thanks Gale

You can print them or you can use a smart phone. They have the ability to scan the coupon right from the phone although sometimes it takes them several tries.

Definitely print them. At our local JFab, they often have then behind the counter and will scan them at checkout also.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I use the ones from the e-mail often. When I print them, often print a copy of the message and the coupon. That way they know it came to me. I also get the flyer that arrives in regular mail.

I get the flyer in the mail but have signed up several times over the last couple of years but cannot get the coupon by e-mail. I get "recommendations" from them every week though.

IQ2
    Quote Originally Posted by grma33 View Post
    can you print off the ones that come in your emai? That`s what the`re for right? Why does it say in the fine print no copies? Or do the scan the code and number. Thanks Gale
    yes--absolutely print the email coupons. no copies means you can only use any coupon once. they do scan them. the coupon prints with your name on it, so no one else can use them but you.

Yes, you can print them (it actually says something like "click for printable copy." And you can use the coupons from your smartphone; they scan them at checkout. And you can use both at the same time (phone coupons and printed coupons) as long as they aren't the same ones and overlap. And yes, you can also use the ones you get in their mailed flyer. Three ways to save!

There are other ways to save also! You can print current coupons off of the Joann site. Also I have found that if you go to "find Store" on the joann site and pull up stores in your area there should be a coupon for 40% off at store's info page. Maybe same coupon for each store but coupon is good for month. You can print out as many coupons as you want but not actuall copy them on a copier. Actually I do not see difference. ASlo as you all may know Joann's take others coupon such as Hobby lobby and Micheals but only on items sold in these store and carried by Joann's EG- can not use Micheals's coupon on fabric since micheals does not carry fabric/thread/sewing stuff. Always looking for ways to save so I have more money to spend!
    "In the crazy quilt of life, I'm glad you are in my block of friends."

You can print them, I do it all the time.

When using multiple coupons, make sure the numbers under the bar code are different. Just need to check the last few numbers. They usually end in "401", "402" or "403" or that type of formula. You can not use 3 coupons if they all end in the same numbers. Did that make sense?? It did in my head LOL
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No copies means you can have multiple copies of the coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by IQ2 View Post
    yes--absolutely print the email coupons. no copies means you can only use any coupon once. they do scan them. the coupon prints with your name on it, so no one else can use them but you.
    Yes, you can print the ones that JAF mails to your e-mail address but ONLY use them once. One of my best friends printed multiple copies and they stopped sending them to her and put her on a blacklist. She had to then sign up again using her daughter's name.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

I print multiple copies. I use one at JoAnne's and the other at Hancock Fabrics (which is usually cheaper to begin with) and other local stores that accept competitor's coupons.

Good morning,

Just a few words to add, since JoAnn has come out with the App for your smart phone they are not offering many coupons online that you can print they mostly offer the online ones for use on their store site. If you are not receiving your mail flyers you have to get the barcode scanned at the store this will keep you in the system and you will continue to get the mail flyers. Also if you have a magazine subscription to ASQ or any other quilting society you get the JoAnn 10% discount card.

Also, you can use as many coupons as you like as AZ Jane said they can not be the same coupon numbers. I used 5 coupons just yesterday, but the the only one that did not work was the 15% off entire purchase; but all the others worked for me.

-Vontina

If you don't get them in your email, this a a link to where this gal keeps an updated link to Joann's coupons all the time. It is on the right hand side, down a big. Her blog is excellent and her free patterns are really good, too. The coupon is direct to Joann's so there is no problem printing them off or the code can be used online.
    Usually 40% off coupon, too.
    link:

www.with-heart-and-hands.com

The coupons that come in the emails have a code, i have heard of ladies using them more than once and when they do that Joanns removes them from the mailing list so only use it printed out once.
    Conversely....you can use Hobby Lobby Coupons mulitple prints allowed..no code.

Quote Originally Posted by IQ2 View Post
    I always print my email coupons out, if I cannot use one I give to someone else in line for them to use. My name on it has never been a problem for the recipient.

Power Poster
    I copy off coupons often for JoAnns.

When they say no copies they mean you can't copy the ad and use it several times. All the ads have a bar code with a number code underneath it. They will only accept one coupon of each number.

Yes, you print them. You can only use each one once. I use the ones that come in my husband's name and mine, as they have different numbers. If you don't want to print them you can show them the coupon on your tablet. You can also show them your phone if you signed up for text coupons -- again, different numbers. It's only one discount per item, and the coupons cannot be used twice so there is no point in making extra copies.
    :-)
    CAS