Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann Fabrics' 50% off coupons >

Joann Fabrics' 50% off coupons

Joann Fabrics' 50% off coupons

Old 02-20-2010, 11:29 PM

I think it is the AQS I belong to & have a card for 10% off @ JoAnn's also. The JoAnn's here will not allow you to use that 10% if you use another % off coupon, such one of theirs.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Power Poster

The above two messages demonstrate the problem a lot of us have with JoAnn's. I tried going up the chain of command - asst. mgr to mgr to corporate - and got nowhere. Stonewalled. The manager couldn't even give me the phone # of corporate. (I got it off the web site) And some JoAnn's reportedly apply the 10% to the whole purchase, others only to items for which no coupon was used. It's very inconsistent.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 PM

Personally I have a love/hate thing going with JoAnns.
Have you noticed their "new" selvages? Or maybe they are new to me this year. There is a wide spot proclaiming JOANNS on the fabric selvage.
Most of the sales people are cranky, lazy and don't give a rats a$$ who you are, what you spend or how frequent you come in...some of the sales people do care and I have enjoyed many conversations at the cutting counter.
Seems Corporate JoAnns doesn't really care either because do they "really" have any competition???
Again just my two stitches...
Kirsten
Old 02-20-2010, 11:47 PM

Oh forgot to add...
ASG
American Sewing Guild
35/40$ per year
[email protected]
Found them at the Sew Expo last year
Kirsten
Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 PM

I agree with you! As I've gotten older I've become much more aware of how important small businesses are. I'm trying to support my local quilt shops more, even if it's a little more expensive, because they're great. Support small businesses if you can. I'm also shopping for a new machine, and can get it cheaper online, but my husband and I decided to support the dealer in town. The sad thing is, in many places these little shops can't exist anymore because of the "big" stores.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:49 PM

I have been off-line - having withdrawals from the internet. My broadband device went south and I couldn't get to a corporate store for them to verify the failure and give me a new one until today. Got it ! : o )
I understand supporting local quilt stores; however, I am going to pursue this with Joann's. They still have not responded to the email I sent about 10 days ago. At their site today I found another form to email. I keep my own copy of what I say in any email (which won't come back to me when they do respond) and that way I can recount to them everything that's been said. I have the corporate address, also, and will resort to snail mail if I don't hear anything from them. AND - I do appreciate your comments for they will become part of the "concerns" I will share with them. Maybe as a group it will have more impact. And since my job went away many months ago, I have a bit more free time that those of you who have a 9-5.