Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn Fabrics??? >

JoAnn Fabrics???

JoAnn Fabrics???

Old 12-27-2010, 01:02 PM

I didn't hear about JoAnn's but Beverly Fabrics being purchased by a private company was in our paper. Maybe the same company buying both.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM

All our Joann's were small and have relocated into Super Stores...which is great...So I think if anything the buyout is better. In Aug-Sept they had tons of Christmas fabric which I picked up with coupons...(never pay full price there) Went back in Nov-Dec...couldn't find anything. I think your right once they sell they don't restock since it's a seasonal fabric...
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 PM

Jojosnana: are your hearts appliqued or paper pieced in your avatar pic?

As for Joanns, I have two of the larger stores near me but have found their invetory to be lacking for the past few months.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:24 PM

My JoAnns had great prices LAST week, but this week the Christmas fabrics were back to full price? I guess that they felt if you needed it badly enough you'd pay the price?? Weirder than weird.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:41 PM

We recently had a new JoAnn's open here. It is a medium sized store. I have yet to spend a dime there. It seems to have a huge section of fleece, craft items and cake decorating items. I've been there three times now. Was looking forward to it since their small store was so far from where I live and new one is closer. Maybe it is just me because the lines of people waiting to have fabric cut are really long, even if the store doesn't seem busy. People have to take a number and stand in that line to even ask a question. Maybe new owners can unclog that problem. Anyway, I'm very disappointed.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by suern3
We recently had a new JoAnn's open here. It is a medium sized store. I have yet to spend a dime there. It seems to have a huge section of fleece, craft items and cake decorating items. I've been there three times now. Was looking forward to it since their small store was so far from where I live and new one is closer. Maybe it is just me because the lines of people waiting to have fabric cut are really long, even if the store doesn't seem busy. People have to take a number and stand in that line to even ask a question. Maybe new owners can unclog that problem. Anyway, I'm very disappointed.
That "take a number" system was just implemented in all the JoAnn's in our area about a year ago. I preferred when each area had it's own cutting table. However, when it is crowded you can take a number and go shop. They will call your number over the loud speaker.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:42 AM

As far as the Christmas fabrics go, my local Joann's had more/prettier Christmas favric this year than last year.