Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's was crazy! >

Joann's was crazy!

Joann's was crazy!

Old 11-25-2011, 05:27 PM

I went today. Didn't get there until 7:30 so there were lots of ladies that had carts full of fabric. Consequently the shelves weren't as full so the selection of Christmas fabrics was not great. Did get a lot of flannel for back of baby quilts. Will go earlier next year.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:33 PM

I went to Joann's this morning. I should have stayed home. Not that there were any problems with traffic, parking, service, or how much I saved.... all of that was perfect. It's how much I spent that's the problem. Yikes! I went for Christmas fabrics, lots of them, and some thread. Spent way over my allowance..... but I saved 180.39 :-)
Old 11-25-2011, 05:34 PM

The half price batting is VERY tempting to me ... But we dont do black friday shopping. No fabric haul could be that important. We took the kids and their cousins out to lunch and to a steam train ride.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:38 PM

I got to mine around 8:30 this morning and it was dead. Really, really peaceful. Probably helped me spend much more than I'd planned. I didn't check to see how much I 'saved', will have to. I bought a lot of yummy yarn since I am doing mostly knitting these days. With the old empty nest, I seem to prefer to hang out with hubby downstairs and just knit up a storm.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:46 PM

Just looked at my email coupons for tomorrow... Pretty tempting! We have relatives in town though, so probably wont work out.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:52 PM

I went to Joann's but did not get there in time to get my 25% off but I got some good deals. I did not spend alot of money but I specifically wanted to pick up some bobbin thread for my embroidery machine. I was very low and I bought a spool for $8.89 and got one free. These will last me till next year. I needed some sticky stabilizer but they did not have it by the roll so I only got a small sheet of it for half price. i need to find somewhere to buy a roll of that reasonable. I stopped at Hobby Lobby too and they had Christmas fabric 50% off and had a few fabrics I really wanted. Small prints and i have been looking for cardinals with Holly and a tan background and found it!! Got it for $3.49 a yard. I want to make a quilt for my cousin with cardinals and have been looking for this fabric for 2 years. They had it at a quilt store and it was $10.00 a yard and I just couldn't afford it at the time. I have it now. Now if I can find some stabilizer.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:06 PM

I was just thinking.... Now that we know how much we can save, should we go back tomorrow? LOL There's another 25% off total purchase coupon good until noon for those of you who missed it today. It's supposed to be rainy here so I'll stay home and play with the fabric I bought today.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:09 PM

I went to Joann's today. Also got my # as soon as I walked in; it was 46 and they were waiting on #16 -- crazy! I only bought 15 yards of white & creme flannel, few spoos of thread, and a new Fiskars 60 cutter & blades. Very pleased with my savings! It definetely took me longer to wait in the line to cut & the line to check out than it did to do my shopping.
Old 11-25-2011, 06:18 PM

Hubby and I went. He was so patient. Not his favorite thing but, knew it was important to me. I spent $149 and saved $346. And, we found a $5 bill as we were leaving. I scored!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 PM

I didn't go to Joann's..did go to Hancock's and had to wait about 20 minutes in line. The crazy stuff was in Walmat's. One of the Walmart's here they had to close the store when two women got into a fight over towels! One of them was arrested. The other Walmart near us also had a fight breakout as well. Then DH was reading in the news about a fight in a Walmart in CA where there was a fight in a Walmart that involved the use of pepper spray and then someone was shot. That is just way over the top. You would never catch me doing any shopping there. Besides...I could never stay awake.