Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann's was crazy! >

Joann's was crazy!

Joann's was crazy!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:09 AM

I chickened out yesterday. Plan to go today. My closest super JoAnns is moving across the parking lot from a location in a strip mall to a free standing building that was a furniture store. They plan to open the new store after the first of the year so have been letting their stock shrink so they would have less to move. This sale should help. Hope they have some goodies left when I get there once I get off this computer and put on my shoes and get out the door and go.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:15 AM

If you spent $26 and saved $92 it follows that if you had spent more, you would have saved even more. Spend enough and they'll be paying you!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:24 AM

Some of you ladies are very brave to face the crowds. I have never been a black Friday shopper and really don't plan to ever be. The thoughts of the crowds almost makes me ill. My daughters get together with their friends and they have a lot of fun. My one daughter says they go for the fun of it as much as for the sale.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:45 AM

I guess I must have hit it are the right time. The wait to get my fabric cut was only about 5 minutes and the checkout line for about 10. There was no one in line to checkout when I went in the store. I didn't save as much as most of you but I spent $16 and save $20. Not a bad deal.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Went to Joanns. Bought alot of flannel as I make baby blankets for Children's Hospital. Spent 293.58 but paid 66.07. Not only that but a lady in line was chatting with me and I told her why I had so much flannels. She then handed the sales person a 20 dollar bill to put towards my purchase. Another customer gave the sales clerk 10 dollars. So I only paid 30 myself for 42 yds of flannels. Thanks to the Angels you meet.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:03 AM

I did not go to Joann's wanted to but we have what I call a shoe box Joann's with no bathroom.
I know the sales were good, but the lines are so long they have only 2 or 3 workers in the store.
They are so over worked. It a true hard time for me no bathroom, colon cancer for me, I am geat now,
but need bathrooms in a hurry at times.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:09 AM

I went but when I got in there it wass a mad house #'s of people with carts filled so high they couldn't see over them. I bought a cutting ruler and the cuttung mate that was on sale for 29.99, with the 25% off they cost me less than the mate was on sale for.
got out of there, could not stand long enough to buy fabric. thought about going today BUT???????????????yet..
Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 AM

I don't go sales like Black Friday. The crowds are just too much! My time can be spent doing other things.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:29 AM

I go to Joann's during the year; but there's not a store worth going to for me on Black Friday. Glad you did so well, though.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:30 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

our joanns doesnt do this and they only have 3 registers! so no, I didn't go to any blk friday sales. walmart in the next town is where all the rude crazies come to flap their wings-according to my sister who went there. haha. not my cup o tea. but kudos to all of you who went and got great deals!!

Originally Posted by JoanneS View Post
I bought a bolt of Warm & Natural on 50% sale, plus the 25% off. It was worth waiting in line! Also found Fiscars nippers @60% 0ff, then the 25% off. Ditto adhesive spray @ 50% off + the 25%. They were stamping our 25% off everything coupon when we entered the store,so it didn't matter if we didn't get to the registers bfore noon. Nice!