Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joanns fabric quality >

Joanns fabric quality

Joanns fabric quality

Old 02-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Jo-An's has some very good fabric and some that is not so good. You have to read the end of the bolt to see where it came from and the content. All in all I've been happy with what I've purchased there, but when I was "young and innocent" I purchased some calico that was poor. Let's see, was I ever young and innocent? Nah.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 PM

Lots of mixed reviews here, but since I have gotten back into sewing and quilting, I have found that most of their fabric is not a good quality. Now mind you I have found a few good pieces of fabric, but they are on bolts and they are the more expensive fabrics. Again, for the most part not high quality. I look mostly at local quilt shops that I know carry good quality fabric.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM

I buy fabric from JoAnn's in Bellingham, and I've never had a problem with it. If your in the area you should check it out for yourself. We love to seen Canadian's come down and shop... have a great day...
Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 PM

I buy from Joanns, but I watch what I get. They have Debbie Mumm fabrics and they are good quality and fun. It seems to be hard to find Kona fabrics but they have them and their coupons are fabulous.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
So far JA is the only place I have bought fabric. Our LQS literally has 30 to 50 bolts of fabric and that is it! Aside from wal-mart it is our only option until I can find another within driving distance.
I had to look at where you were from because that sounds like our LQS. I either buy my fabrics online or a mennonite store or at Joanns if I am in the city that it's in. Unfortunately it is 65 miles away from me.The mennonite store is about 34 miles and so on-line gets most of my business. It's a matter of budget with gas going out of sight again.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:07 PM

I wont buy fabric from joanns. Most is poor quality.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM

I only shop at JoAnn's if I'm desperate. I think they're over priced for the quality of fabric they sell.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I have found wonderful fabrics at Joann's, I look it over like I do when in a LQS or at a garage sale. Some you come across is wonderful and some not so much, no matter where you shop :wink: :D:D:D

Be sure and check the local papers for sale ad coupons before you go :D:D:D
I believe you can get JoAnn's coupons online, too.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 AM

I agree with feline fanatic completely. You get what you pay for. Nothing as discouraging as putting a lot of work into something (quilt project) and not have it turn out or hold up.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 AM

I have bought fabric there many times and I have had no problem with their fabric. They have a section that reads Quilting Fabric and I usually choose from there. There are fabrics that arn't as good so just be aware.