Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's first for me! >

JoAnn's first for me!

JoAnn's first for me!

Old 07-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I need to stay away from that store. They always get me with the bolt end. "Do you want the remainder for half off?" OF COURSE I DO. They know I can't resist!
Me, too. They must see us coming.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 AM

Ain't that sumpin?!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:27 AM

Yeppy!!! That happened to me yesterday also.LOL
Old 07-15-2012, 06:57 AM

Our JoAnn's is 50/50. Sometimes it's good sometimes it isn't. Depends on who is working.
They rearranged the entire store and now it's like looking for a needle in a hay stack!
As for what I buy, that's another 50/50. Same for if it's in stock.
We also have a Hancock's Fabric here too and I found that JoAnn's has a much better selection of holiday prints than Hancocks but Hancock's takes JoAnn's coupons too.
We have a Ben Franklin's and they have a great supply of fabric and it's good quality with a Wal-Mart price.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 AM
FLQ

There are two stores close enough to our winter cottage in Central FL. One is fabulous! The Tavares JoAnn store is well stocked and managed by super staff. We all make this our "go to" location. The Lady Lake store (near the Villages) is awful. Though it is a large store they rarely have what I'm looking for and the staff is just not interested in helping. It always seems to be short staffed. I've even heard the manager yell at an employee over their headset system. One time I commented on the lack of something to the manager and she was very sarcastic and condescending. I avoid that store as do my other quilting friends. People have complained to the corporate offices but nothing changes.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
I have been to JoAnn's thousands of times and today was the first time I have gone there looking for 2 specific items. Both items were in stock, and drumroll, please, neither item was on sale!!!!

I was able to use my 40% off and my 50% off coupons!

I almost fainted!

HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE - last time I went I could NOT use any coupons! So again HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE for you!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

I've been to 5 Joann stores around the country, from WA State to Georgia, Louisiana and Alabama. I have never had a problem/issue with cutting, employees, coupon use, etc. Sometimes things are out of stock, but not enough to ever be an issue for me. And they all have nice restrooms.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM

Amazing! Everything at our JoAnn's is usually at least 10 % off except the things that are named on the coupons as being excluded. I have not been able to use a coupon for ages. Congratulations on your magnificent accomplishment! LOL
Old 07-19-2012, 12:31 AM

Tje last few times I've been in, they were out of stock on all of the items I was looking for. Not a good thing!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:36 AM

Talk about a miracle! The only time I have had that kind of luck is when I bought a Wilton cake pan, and I think they just plain forgot to put them on sale!