Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
JoAnn's refund >

JoAnn's refund

JoAnn's refund

Old 01-28-2011, 05:38 PM

The only time i had any trouble was when i wanted to return something with no receipt (it was a gift). They told me anything over $25 would have to be a corporate check. Mine came to $25.48 but they gave me a gift card.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 PM

Best Buy is like this too. I had to wait for a check from their headquarters.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:48 AM

I worked at Joanns for 12 plus years. Call the store, or go directly there and ask to speak to the head manager and get the name. Explain the problem and then ask for the phone number to corporate in Hudson, Ohio. This should not be happening. You deserve to have your money back in a timely manner no matter what store it is.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:43 AM

Yes, that has happened to me too. And I don't like it. :cry:
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 AM

HHmmm.....whenever I purchase something, they don't give me 6-8 weeks to pay for it. I have to pay for it right then before I walk out the door with my item.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 AM

When my local JoAnn's store refused to accept my VIP card, I contacted the corporate customer service first by email: http://www.joann.com/joann/common/contactus.jsp I was going to give them a few hours before calling them, but before I could they emailed me and said they would speak with the store manager... and then I got a phone call from corporate customer service and the woman was very polite and stated she had spoken with my local store manager and there would not be a problem with me using the card in the future. As irritating as local JoAnn's managers can be, I have found the corporate customer service people to respond immediately. If you don't get through to the number IrelandDragonQuilting posted, try my link (different phone number) because that is where I got immediate response. Also, when I was living in MA and I returned a defective craft table to my local Joanns for a refund/replacement. The tables were sold out. I was told I could wait until they got another shipment in a few months or take a JoAnn's gift card instead. I took gift card. Hope their policy hasn't changed since they were recently bought out!
Good luck Vicki D. I hope things get resolved fast!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 05:33 AM

Call BBB and report it. when they know it has been reported to them it will probably get their attention. You should have done gotten your refund. It might sound harsh. This is something you should consider. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
Send a letter by snail mail to the president of the company. If your experience is like mine (with other chains), you'll get a response.

Even if your check arrives in the meantime, you can comment regarding the poor service from the corporation.

Sadly, the Contact Us button on most websites results only in a canned response.
I agree with this, a letter works wonders. Emphasize how long you have been a loyal customer and how shocked and disappointed you are at this treatment. Also how surprised you were when you mentioned it on an internet forum and found other people had the same problem.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:33 AM

Have you tried the Accuquilt company itself. I buy from the company in NE and they are wonderful people. We are getting a brand new JoAnn's store here in W'loo, Ia sometime this spring. The old store has seriously nothing in it.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:23 AM

More information, please? JoAnn's being sold? Going to have to Google that one!
Thanks for the heads up!