Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanns VIP Card ?

Quote Originally Posted by myreda
    At our Joann's you don't get the extra VIP discount on items you use a coupon on. However if you buy much at Joann's the savings from the card will definitely add up.
    I think it depends on your individual store...some are a bit more leanient on the way they interprete the rules.

BTW, I sell my stuff at craft shows, so...I have a retailer's license...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grayma
    The new JoAnn's in St. Louis would not use my VIP card because I had coupons for everything I purchased. It sounds like it depends on the individual stores. I would believe that there must be corporate policy on this so that it would be the same at every store.
    Yes agreed, I guess before deciding I will go and speak with the store mgr and make sure I get her name.
    Thank-you everyone.
    dee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Quote Originally Posted by qbquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Too bad the VIP cards are so limited in who is qualified to get them. Just another reason I stopped shopping at JoAnn's.
    Join AQS. My savings every year more than pay the $25.00 membership not to mention what AQS gives you for being a member (magazine, discount on AQS shows/products). So it's not that limiting in who can get it.
    So the JoAnn's card would cost me $25 a year for membership in an organization that I have no other reason to join (AQS)? Thanks, I'll pass. To get the card, you have to be a member of a professional organization or guild, or a reseller with a vendor's license. I call that limited.

Are you somehow connected to JoAnn's?? Just curious because you seem to have all the answers on this subject.
    Just a shopper :-). I just shop there a lot and made sure to learn the ins and outs of the discount card program when I first starting using it a few years ago. I don't think many in my area used it, so I always got weird looks from the cashiers back then.
    All very enlightening-thanks! :D

Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Quote Originally Posted by grayma
    The new JoAnn's in St. Louis would not use my VIP card because I had coupons for everything I purchased. It sounds like it depends on the individual stores. I would believe that there must be corporate policy on this so that it would be the same at every store.
    Yes agreed, I guess before deciding I will go and speak with the store mgr and make sure I get her name.
    Thank-you everyone.
    dee
    Unless the store is doing manual overrides, it is not the store's decision to allow the discount card to be used on coupon items. The programming at the cash register is set up to automatically only assign 1 coupon or discount % per item.

You cannot combine your vip with another coupon on the same item but you can use it on all the other items at the same time with the coupon...did i make sense????

for example if you bought 3 items 2 on sale already and one regular price...you can use 1 coupon for the regular price item and still use your vip card on the other 2 items at the same time, so the 10% applies only to the sale items.

Quote Originally Posted by cattailsquilts
    Generally the VIP card is good on an entire purchase, sale item or not. The only time I've run into not being able to use it is when you have another % off purchase coupon.
    I agree. I never use the percentage of the total coupons because it usually not more than the 15% I get with my resale card. It is nice that they take more than One coupon on a sale. It is fun to get that little extra in these tough times....

My SIL had a really nice % off coupon, but she couldn't find one single thing in the store that wasn't on sale. She emailed the company to complain - at least she let them know she wasn't happy.

I often wonder if Joanns stopped spending the money on printing the flyers and the useless coupons how much less they could afford to charge for their fabric! Drives me crazy to cut out all the coupons and then get there and none of them are ever any good because everything is 25% or 30% off already!

Blog Entries
    It depends on the cashier. Some are nice and work with you. Some actually scan in extra coupons for you. If you get a salty one, break up your order. I always take my husband with me and we end up with multiple transactions. When they see him on line again and again while I'm at the cutting table, the nice ones come out of hiding and tell him he can do it all at once.

You can use the discount card only on items that are not on sale... so if it isn't on sale, you can get 10% off non-sale items. But, if all you buy is sale items, then you can't use the discount card.

I use mine with the coupons all the time. I have never had any problems.

Blog Entries
    I'm waiting for my card to come.

Blog Entries
    My problem is that I have a VIP card and forget I have it. I have rarely used it. I don't shop there much any more and never pay full price for anything when I DO shop there. I find I can do better on most products by shopping online with shops that have free shipping offers.

Our local store was flooded when hurricane Irene came and I have withdrawals. I would have to travel close to 100 miles to the next JoAnn's to use my coupons. Border's also went out of business, so no more browsing the quilt magazines. I'm sorry for being such a cry baby. There are many people that are suffering a lot more than this because of the hurricane.

I am on the email list from Joann's and I printed off the coupon which was 20% off on the entire order. This was my first time to try this and the clerk didn't bat an eye. I had already used a 40% coupon off for the Olfa rotating cutting mat and saved quite a bit! So any of you that get the emails, print the coupons!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
    Our local store was flooded when hurricane Irene came and I have withdrawals. I would have to travel close to 100 miles to the next JoAnn's to use my coupons. Border's also went out of business, so no more browsing the quilt magazines. I'm sorry for being such a cry baby. There are many people that are suffering a lot more than this because of the hurricane.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
    sure there are others suffering loss...but you have every right to your feelings also......

The V.I.P. card can also be acquired by people who sew or quilt for charity. I enrolled my mother by simply telling them that she is a member of a group at church that makes quilts for charity. Also, I know that friends who make blankets for Project Linus can get the V.I.P. card, and there is no Linus membership card to show as proof.

It is true that the V.I.P. card does not work with sale items. I wish it worked on remnants. However, when batting by the yard is on sale for 50% off, it is great to be able to add that extra discount. Same for fleece and flannel at their Black Friday sale.

Also, many people are eligible for the 15% teacher discount card and are not teachers in traditional schools. If you teach classes in your guild or lead groups of children in 4-H, after-school projects, Sunday School, Project Linus work sessions, etc., you may qualify. It may depend on how liberal your local Joann's manager is in defining "teacher."

Joann's is a major resource for me, but jumping through the hoops on their coupon/sale/discount card policy certainly provides me with enough exercise!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltbuddy
    I miss Border's too. Let's cry together.

Blog Entries
    The only time the VIP card cannot be used is when you are purchasing just one item, because the card is good for your TOTAL purchase and they consider one item not to be a total I guess. And yes you can use it for items already on sale and if you had your 40% off coupon. Just have to buy more then one item.

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan
    The only time the VIP card cannot be used is when you are purchasing just one item, because the card is good for your TOTAL purchase and they consider one item not to be a total I guess. And yes you can use it for items already on sale and if you had your 40% off coupon. Just have to buy more then one item.
    How interesting....I sometimes go in for 1 spool of the thread I like. If it isn't on sale, I use the coupon, if it is, I use my VIP card. They use it on just one item....must vary by store. When you check out, with one item or more, at the bottom of your slip it says "total" therefore, one item is a total order...IMHO

Yeah, I thought that little VIP card was going to be great, but found it doesn't help much at all. Maybe it's just me but...

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan
    Not true. I've used the card plenty of times on just one item.

Our store used to ring up the 20% discount on everything, then they upgraded the checkout and now it is only rung up on things that I do not use the coupons on. When I asked about this, I was told the new software was more restrictive follows the letter of what is printed on the coupon. Very frustrating.

Blog Entries
    We have a store called Beverly's that has the best selection of fabric. I really appreciate that they give 30% off using the JoAnn coupons. I use Joann's for batting and the quilting tools, but as someone earlier mentioned, they tag so much as already on sale, the coupons are useless. We will be getting a Joann's in our town at the end of September, I will see if I like it any better having it closer.

In our Joann's, the VIP card is used on sale or regular items but cannot be used when a coupon has already been applied to the sale of an item.

Been there, done that..........

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast