Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style >

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Join me for Virtual Quilt Weekend--Christmas Style

Old 06-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Have stopped to cook dinner. I was able to add the final 48 blocks to my king size Yellow Brick Road quilt. I also made the binding. After dinner, I hope I can cut out the borders and maybe add them. Tomorrow, I will start on the tote bags. Thanks for inspiring me to accomplish so much today.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:39 PM

I wish I could join you. I worked this morning, had lunch, then went out new a/c. I knew the one I had was on its last legs. We had a small heat wave of 90 degrees and over days. So broken a/c would not to. Borrowed a unit that was less BTUs, couldn't even tell it was on! I live on the second floor of a cape, the roof is not insulated well, the sun beats down on it...well anyway. My Dad and my niece helped put the new on together. Not in the window yet, but that's ok. Tomorrow is a cook out at my niece's and her boyfriend's house for Fathers Day. I am bringing some hand work to keep me busy. So I just might get some quilting in this weekend!
Old 06-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

I've been quilting all day, but not Christmas. I have others to get finished first. I'm doing a warm wishes for a friend who is sick, and then have to make a wedding present quilt for my husband's sister who got remarried today. We didn't attend the wedding in another state, so I thought I should at least send a nice gift.

I DO have a Christmas quilt I want to make. I bought all the fabrics and planned it last Christmas, then just ran out of time. It's simple and modern, just triangle trees all over, but in assorted non-traditional Christmas prints.

I have some of that beautiful fabric Anael showed (p.4) but haven't decided what to do with it yet. I just love that line. So pretty.

Have fun quilting today. I'll check in tomorrow and see what's up. I'll try and show my WW quilt then.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:40 PM

Sounds like we're getting lots accomplished! I have the Irish chain blocks assembled and pressed. Tomorrow after church and lunch, I'll square them and then finish putting the top together. I finished the doll quilt too, not that there was much to do on that!
Attached Thumbnails quilts-001.jpg   quilts-003.jpg   quilts-004.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 02:45 PM

Absolutely love your choice of colors & fabrics!
Originally Posted by Anael View Post
This is what I'm working on. It's called By the Light of the Silvery Moon, a pattern featured in Quilter's World December 2011
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419095[/ATTACH]
Old 06-16-2013, 01:07 AM

The 'By the Light of the Silvery Moon' top is finished Here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419251[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails light-silvery-moon-top-finished-886-x-550-667-x-640-.jpg  
Old 06-16-2013, 02:50 AM

Well I started doing this by hand. It's fat quarter deck-ade the halls. Going to start the gingerbread men after lunch.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by DOTTYMO; 06-16-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:01 AM

Going off on a tangent here......I'm Canadian, and red velvet cake isn't common here. I don't get the attraction of it - isn't it just chocolate cake with lots of red food dye?
Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 AM

well, I'm not on to my Christmas projects yet, but I will join you in sewing today. I am working on a 4th of July wall hanging for some friends of ours. We're attending a birthday party around that time and our friend just retired an E7 from the Army this year. So, we felt like we should honor that and help him celebrate what he fought to be free for this 4th of July. Enjoy sewing ladies!
Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 AM

The quilts and blocks in the pictures are wonderful.

I'm joining this thread today but I've was quilting yesterday. I have to finish two borders on one quilt and start and finish quilting another quilt today!

Glad to know others are sewing and quilting today too.

Nan