Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joke of the day >

Joke of the day

Joke of the day

Old 06-11-2013, 07:49 AM

So is he ever done with HIS hobby? I know mine will take pictures at car and motorcycle shows and make leather bags and such as long as he is able to be vertical! Since his dad just turned 92, that could be a good long time.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by running1 View Post
My mother, who was from the South, would have said, "Bless his heart..." :-D
I use that phrase all the time, and I do mean "bless your heart". No insult at all
Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 AM

Hahha, that's great! He has no clue....

Fortunately for me, my husband is a techno musician (as a hobby, not professionally) so I make messes with cloth, and he pollutes the air with noise, and we happily ignore each other for hours and hours at a stretch! We each have our own "studio" and we both keep our noses out of each other's hobbies. I don't judge when he spends crazy money on some fancy software or electronic noise box and he doesn't judge when I spend crazy money on a mountain of fabric or new machine. (We have separate finances, too.) When I finish a quilt he makes appreciative noises, and when he finishes a song I make appreciative noises, and so far we're living happily ever after! (Been together since high school - 20 years and counting!)

Our dogs let us know when we've been locked away too long. That, and we get hungry, eventually! LOL
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
While I was working to earn money to pay the bills tonight, mine had the nerve to ask if I was going to feed him. I said you are big enough to feed yourself. He said there are no clean dishes--I said who dirtied the dishes--it wasn't me (cause I am trying to lose weight and watching what I eat), so it must have been you and if you can dirty the dishes you can clean the dishes too!!!!!!! Boy was he mad. After 41 years he should know someone has to pay for the health ins cause it certainly ain't him.
HEHE I can relate to this one..that is why I am single now!~! When he said it was the quilting or him, I said BYE!! gonna miss him!