Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki machines...why do you love yours? >

Juki machines...why do you love yours?

Juki machines...why do you love yours?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

I bought the new Juki long arm, the 2200QVPs (sit down). I am really enjoying it. I have had a 2010Q for several years, which is what I learned to FMQ on. So when it was time for a long arm I stayed with Juki. Love both of my machines.
Old 07-05-2018, 06:11 AM

I too am interested in this machine. The LQS here also said it needs to be pre-ordered to see it. What? I have TL2010Q and HZL-F600. The new one is at $3K. This is a must see and must play with for that money. Not a good selling strategy. A bit disappointed

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-05-2018 at 06:51 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 07-05-2018, 06:29 AM

I've been a Janome girl since 2003 when I switched from Elna after 38 years. I have a Juki and would not do without it Ever!. Mine is not computerized (2010), so it might not be comparable to the new Juki, but I Love it dearly. Why do I Love it sooooo much? Quality, simplicity, reliability, speed and power!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-05-2018 at 06:52 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 07-05-2018, 09:12 AM

I have 2010Q and F600 love them both. Stich quality is the best even accurate 2010 great for free motion and ruler work. Is good with all threads so far. Have owned both machines over 5 years.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:23 AM

MsMaz I have theJuki 2200 mini which I believe is very much like the 2010 that you have. I bought this a month or so ago and have slowly become friends with her. I still have thread breaks with the Juki ruler foot I ordered with it. I took it back to the dealer and after a hour and half came to the conclusion it’s the foot. There is a adjustment on it but not sure which way to adjust it. Have you any experience with this? I would appreciate any suggestions thank you.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
I received a call from a sales rep at Sewing Machines Online trying to 'pre-sell' me the new model coming soon.. here's the link he sent me.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7okqTTouio

It is called the Juki HZL-NX7 'Kirei' and is supposed to be aimed at the Janome 9400 or better machines.. The promo really doesn't cover much detail so I guess we will see..

As for "Why do you love your Juki" question - I have the TL2200QVP Mini (the next generation TL2010) and it's a straight stitch only machine that is as solid as can be.. mechanical.. heavy.. accurate.. reliable.. fantastic FMQ'ing.. It's my go-to machine and I recently purchased a Janome 8900 that is great for any extra stitches I might want but I always find myself sewing on the Juki.

Christine

Edited: I must also add that the new machine referenced above is a computerized machine, perhaps an upgrade to the existing Juki HZL machines and will likely have an entirely different feel than the TL2000/TL2010/TL2200 straight stitch machine that I have.
I have a question about FMQ on your Juki straight stitch. How do you do that?
Old 07-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
I too am interested in this machine. The LQS here also said it needs to be pre-ordered to see it. What? I have TL2010Q and HZL-F600. The new one is at $3K. This is a must see and must play with for that money. Not a good selling strategy. A bit disappointed
I have the TL2010Q and the HZL-DX7, which is quite similar to Chris' HZL-F600. The new machine, HZL-NX7, doesn't hold much interest for me. The "bells and whistles" are similar to what I already have with my DX7. Another feature of the NX7, the 12 in. to the right of the needle, is a bit misleading. The harp height is 4.7 in., I think. That's not very high, and would probably interfere with visibility when doing FMQ.

I guess the appeal of this new machine would depend on which machines you already have.

Juki would make me very, very happy, if they came out with a straight-stitch mechanical machine, with a harp of, say, 13 in. x 6 in. high. That would be somewhere in between the TL2010Q and the sit-down TL2200QVP.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Power Poster

I have a Juki TL98QE. 9" throat, I love it because it is hard working. I got it in 2008, never been in the shop, very dependable. Like any thread. I keep it cleaned and oiled.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
While I'm not a super experienced quilter - I will share with you how I set-up my TL2200QVP Mini for FMQ (I think that's what you're asking?) I drop the feed dogs, set stitch length to 0, reduce presser foot tension to 0 and use either the open or closed toe FMQ feet that came with the machine but my preferred foot is the Juki TL Series Echo Quilting foot. The two feet the machine did not come with, that I've purchased afterwards for $49.99 each, are the echo foot and ruler foot. Have yet to use the ruler foot but plan to soon. I've also used the walking foot for FMQ with great results. I use Aurifil 50wt for piecing and FMQ. Only have used Schmetz MicroTex needles (usually use 80/12) and always use Juki bobbins.

I've had thread breaks but I'm certain when this happens it's due to drag on my quilt top. I will periodically get a few skipped stitches but find it's just Juki reminding me to clean out the bobbin area. I think the Juki operates fabulously so long as you keep the entire bobbin/thread areas clean, change your needle regularly and she likes to be oiled! If you're a bit remiss on any of these then she will let you know so you can take care of it and move right along.

I hope that's what you were asking Please feel free to PM me if there's something else I can share.. Hopefully, I'm doing things right - so far so good

Christine

P.S. For all of you much more seasoned quilters please, please, please, share any suggestions you may have, as well. I'm very eager to learn how to do this better myself!

P.S.S. I just finished quilting my On Ringo Lake mystery quilt that I enlarged to 95" x 95" and had no problems. Now if I could just finish hand-binding it so I can share a picture.

Last edited by TheMerkleFamily; 07-05-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
With feed dogs dropped you can go in any direction, not just straight. It FMQs beautifully. I learned FMQ on my 2010Q. The harp space is nice and high.