Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki machines...why do you love yours? >

Juki machines...why do you love yours?

Juki machines...why do you love yours?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bloomin Bunnies View Post
MsMaz I have theJuki 2200 mini which I believe is very much like the 2010 that you have. I bought this a month or so ago and have slowly become friends with her. I still have thread breaks with the Juki ruler foot I ordered with it. I took it back to the dealer and after a hour and half came to the conclusion it’s the foot. There is a adjustment on it but not sure which way to adjust it. Have you any experience with this? I would appreciate any suggestions thank you.

I keep the foot pressure all the way up to top, needle size 90/14... with the presser foot down turn the screw on the presser foot to adjust for the quilt to slide smoothly and freely always adjust tension with needle and foot down . There is a lot of information on https://sewjukihome.com/about/comment-page-3/#comments hope this helps
Old 07-05-2018, 09:48 PM

Would you say these Jukis are like the Viking Mega Quilter? I have the Viking, I really like it but would like something a bit smoother. It tends to be a machine I really have to work at. I have the Supreme Slider and use glover, etc yet still I think a newer machine may be smoother. I should try some. Have any of you ever had the Viking? I have hear the Brother is a lot like the Viking.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 PM

Oh cripes....a harp height of only 4-5"? That would rule it out for me regardless of the harp "length". I have the TL2010Q and just love the extra harp height....I've quilted up to 70" square and love that I can get more bulk through with the extra height. Like Christine I also have a Janome 8900 and between the two of them I think I'm pretty happy and set. When looking to purchase the Janome a few months ago I did consider waiting for the new Juki with the 12" harp space but the deal I got offered on the Janome 8900 was fabulous for me and now, hearing how low the harp height is, I'm doubly glad I bought the Janome. Having said that....I just love the Juki 2010; it is a strong, robust, mechanical machine that hasn't disappointed.

Last edited by ruby2shoes; 07-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.