Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki Sewing Machine: Reasonable Price? >

Juki Sewing Machine: Reasonable Price?

Juki Sewing Machine: Reasonable Price?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:56 PM

Default Juki Sewing Machine: Reasonable Price?

I am new to forums, so apologies if this is not an acceptable post.

I'm wondering what is a reasonable price for a Juki 2200 mini? The local dealers have told me they are not allowed to give prices over the phone. There are only two Juki dealers in my state and they are several hours apart. The one closest to me doesn't display price tags. They did quote $1000 for a new 2200 mini with a few lessons. I've only seen a few of these machines for sale online, and those prices seem inflated. I'd rather buy in my state, anyway. I have several machines but I've never bought a new one. I don't understand all the secrecy around prices. Does anyone who owns a 2200 mini willing to share the approximate cost of their machine so that I know the quote was reasonable? Thanks so much!
Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 PM

I usually don't deal with the smaller ma & pa stores for any major appliance purchases, not just sewing machines purchases anymore. They're usually a take everything so personally in my view. And really they don't know who is at the other end of the phone, You could have been a competitor attempting to determine how much to adjust their prices to more compete with you. Or someone who won't buy from them anyway and simply wasting their time.

If you don't have a "relationship" with these shops, I've found in the past that it's a real headache to deal with problems arising if you get a lemon or some hidden damage that not be noticeable at purchase, but pop up soon afterwards. It happens. So what to do? Simple. Check out the prices (and reviews) online no matter where you're located to get a "feel" of the price range. Between Amazon and SewVac Direct (and the only ones who would ship direct to an absent customer, anyone online would get a rough estimate of around $1000. The rest of the online stores are as close mouth as the stores you called.

I would visit both stores in person before you buy anywhere. Prepare yourself for a "hard" sales pitch. LIke you would for a new car. It would be a good idea to bring someone along to deflect and soften the sales pitch or any other such behavior that would part you and your hard earn money that might not be in your best interest.
Good Luck!
Old 12-20-2018, 06:55 PM

I paid 1100 for a qvp-18 which is a similar but newer model.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

try calling Ed Raichert http://www.raichert.com/TL2010Q/tl2010.html
I know you don't want to buy online, but they will quote you a price if they carry that model. The salesman I talked to was Tom... not high pressure. I've bought 2 Juki's from him and the service is excellent.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 PM

I paid $999 for a tl2200qvp mini 18 months ago. And I love it! Worth every penny
Old 12-20-2018, 07:42 PM

I paid just about $1000 for my 2200 QVP Mini in March 2018. It came with a private guide class. It was about the same price as online and I do have local support if I need it.

Have you sewn on one yet? IMO you really need to go to a store and sew on a machine before paying a grand for it.

Last edited by cashs_mom; 12-20-2018 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:09 AM

Check out All Brands. They sell Juki's and their service is excellent. They will answer questions, provide parts and give suggestions. I have never been disappointed with them.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I usually don't deal with the smaller ma & pa stores for any major appliance purchases, not just sewing machines purchases anymore.
Me either. We buy from a large appliance discount store because the returns are hassle free. I quit buying from a machine dealer because you cannot return a machine if you find you don't like it or just can't bond with it. I don't buy high end machines anyway so buy online. I would ask if returns are accepted before buying anywhere.