Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Juki?!?!?!

Juki?!?!?!

Hi. Help!! I have an opportunity to buy a $2200 Juki for $450! Can you help me understand a Juki vs the sewing machines most of us have???
    Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Blog Entries
    which model is that? my Juki TL98Q was under $1000
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

is it an industrial model? as far as i know juki has never had a consumer model that expensive

Sorry I can't help you but there are wonderful people on this board who will. Good luck.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

I don't know the model number offhand, but here's a couple pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kim

Wife to the love of my life. Mom to a Marine, a college student, an 12 year old 'surprise blessing', two Bichon Maltese brothers, and 3 kitties.

Blog Entries
    Buy it, but be sure it is running good. and about to buy a juki tl98q and that runs 1200 dollars. they are great machines. Mine will only do straight stitch, but that is ok with me. I need it to stipple quilt. great buy
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

this is an industrial model typically used in the garment district.

the best advice i can give you is to go and try it out and see if it will work for you and the type of sewing you do in your life.

i have 2 juki machines a 98Q and the F600 and i love them both but i do not have an industrial juki and i have never wanted one because i prefer their consumer models for the type of sewing i do.

You know, I'm thinking against it then. I'm barely out of the womb with quilting and just don't know what I'd do with it!! I'd be hard pressed to come up with the money for it, and while I could probably come up with it, don't really know if I'm ready to jump in to buy something that I'm not sure how I'd use. I had hoped it was not industrial.

Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy View Post
    this is an industrial model typically used in the garment district.

the best advice i can give you is to go and try it out and see if it will work for you and the type of sewing you do in your life.

i have 2 juki machines a 98Q and the F600 and i love them both but i do not have an industrial juki and i have never wanted one because i prefer their consumer models for the type of sewing i do.
    Kim

That looks like a good deal to me. I have a Juki industrial, and I love it. Other Juki owners who I know also love Juki. They are real workhorses. Not fancy stitches, but with quilting, those are not needed (may be nice for those who like to embellish, yes; but not necessary).

That machine looks brand new. If you decide to pass on it, why not start a topic, on "Where to get a great deal" I bet others in your area who be interested in it. (I would be, if I didn't just get my Juki. I had mine shipped to me for $200 from up north, so the fact that it is industrial, doesn't stop everyone!

Yes, it's industrial and looks to be a straight stitch machine only. To be honest, unless you're planning on doing full on 8-10 hour a day sewing, you can get an all metal, straight stitch, vintage singer in the $50 range that would serve you just as nicely as a piecing machine.

Blog Entries
    ake sure you can lower the feed dogs.

I have a Juki TL98QE, straight stitch only, works great for me. I sew 8-10 hours per day lots of days and it just keeps going. I don't know why you wouldn't want to buy the industrial, if all is well with it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I would buy it in a flash. have a Brother (that was made by Juki for Brother) and I think it is the best machine I have. I am going to look seriously at buying an industrial Juki for my next machine as well.

Blog Entries

Brother Industrial for Quilting?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    I would buy it in a flash. have a Brother (that was made by Juki for Brother) and I think it is the best machine I have. I am going to look seriously at buying an industrial Juki for my next machine as well.
    I'm thinking about this one. Any experience or suggestions?
    http://knoxville.craigslist.org/art/2643981953.html
    (I was going to post a picture, but I can't find that option)

Check the site Allbrands.com ... I think I've seen a similar machine there for under $1000 but I could, and probably am, wrong. I'd suggest seeing how fast it sews too. One I saw sewed super duper fast so if you are newish to sewing machines it might not be such a good idea, but I do love the extra large throat space.

Suzy

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    which model is that? my Juki TL98Q was under $1000
    I have the TL98Q also...and it wasn't anywhere near the price you are quoting...
    Maybe you should do a bit of research on the machine before purchasing...
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

I love the commercial machines, have several vintage machines both commercial and home. I would say go for it, if you need to slow it down there is a motor that can be purchased for about $200 that will help control it from 1 stitch to full out speed. Just got one for my walking foot Singer 111W and love it! I do make a lot of different things so I like having a choice and not breaking any more of my other machines because I am doing too heavy of work. Go try it and see!

I'd buy it for that price! It is a straight stitch only machine but it also has a built in walking foot. The speed can be controlled by using a smaller pulley on the motor or by installing a servo motor with a speed control built in. That is a fantastic price for a machine that looks like it has never seen the inside of a factory.

The table, lamp, thread stand and motor are close to 450.00. A Juki industrial head starts at around 1200.00 to 1500.00. Buy it and resell it.
    Last edited by Mitch's mom; 11-16-2011 at 02:31 PM.

Did you buy the Juki? I have the TL98Q also and LOVE IT!!!!!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

No, I didn't end up getting it. Im mostly ok with it. Lol
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
    No, I didn't end up getting it. Im mostly ok with it. Lol
    Here's mine. I use it almost daily and it's great for quilting! It's a real work horse . I got mine new from ebay for something like $700 or thereabouts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by LLWinston44 View Post
    I don't know the model number offhand, but here's a couple pictures.
    That is a terrific machine for the money - if it was closer and you didn't want it I'd grab it!!! Juki's are fabulous machines.
    Judi in Ohio

I didn't realize there was much of a Juki following on the QB. Do any of you know anything about the Juki Virtuoso long arm that's supposed to be released in February or can you tell me what you know about the Juki company in general?