Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki TL98QE  anyone have this machine?? >

Juki TL98QE anyone have this machine??

Juki TL98QE anyone have this machine??

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by twistedstitcher
I have it on the Original Superquilter frame. When I bought it I thought it would be all I'd ever need for quilting larger quilts but I find it limiting. Once the quilt gets rolled up there's not a lot of space for quilting.
I have an original Gracie...never been put together..but I have her..hehehe
Old 10-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Banned

http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/Juki-TL2010Q.php

how about this one??
not sure of the price, or if it will go on the Gracie frame though..but hear tell it is great for FMQ
Old 10-20-2011, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/Juki-TL2010Q.php

how about this one??
not sure of the price, or if it will go on the Gracie frame though..but hear tell it is great for FMQ
All of the Grace frames will hold up to a 13" throat machine. The three biggest frames (one is wooden and the other two are metal) will hold up to an 18" machine. Check the Grace website to see if the Juki is compatible with the Grace stitch regulator. Not all machines are, but I do think the Juki is one that is. The stitch regulator will greatly shorten the learning curve and make quilting much more fun. Plus your stitches will look nicer and be more uniform.

I should also tell you that if you have an older frame with the wooden carriage there is a carriage upgrade available that is all metal. Sooo much nicer and smoother. You can find it at AllBrands for $50 less than at the Grace website.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 AM

I have the older TL98E also and love it. Whichever model you might decide on I don't think you can go wrong with Juki. They are great machines, especially for the price.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:31 AM

My neighbor has one. His wife recently passed and he has asked me to sell his for him. I'm not far enough along yet to post the information. I want to test drive it etc. and talk price with him (I'm guessing in the $600 range) when I post it I'll make sure I PM you - just in case you're interested.

I know his wife used hers all the time and LOVED it. She raved about it!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:03 PM

I have the 2010 and got it here: http://www.raichert.com/TL2010Q/tl2010.html Call and ask for Les. I think the price has gone up since I got mine, but, I paid $749 with free shipping. Be prepared to negotiate!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 PM

I have one on a Grace GMQ Pro frame. Also have the Grace Sure Stitch regulator. Its a learning curve going from sit down push the quilt quilting to frame quilting pushing the machine, but I'm getting used to it and would definitely not go back to pushing the quilt quilting! I paid about $1,500 total for frame, machine and pattern boards, and stitch regulator 2 yrs. ago.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM

I have the Juki TL 98 Q and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it for freemotion quilting! It has the addition of a thread cutter (over the QE) and I think that's one of my favorite features. Shop around for a good price; the newer models are out and these should be found for under $800 I would think.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

I have the Pfaff Grandquilter which is the same basic design. Once you get the settings figured out, and give her all the oil she needs - nice quilting machine. I believe that this one also doesn't drop the feed dogs but you have a cover plate. The bobbin is large and it's easier when you use the extension thingy to place/seat the bobbin.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:09 AM

I have the Juki and the Grace Frame. One of the (many) reasons I can't get the hang of machine-quilting is because of the bobbin location. HOW in the world do you change the bobbin (and the needle for that matter) with the quilt and batting and everything in the way??