Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just bought a Pfaff 2144 upgraded to 2170 >

Just bought a Pfaff 2144 upgraded to 2170

Just bought a Pfaff 2144 upgraded to 2170

Old 08-10-2019, 05:39 AM

Welcome aboard. While I have a vintage Pfaff that is my favorite machine for costuming and fancy fabrics, I can't help you at all with your upgrade.

I can say that after years of sewing on a vintage machine I was gifted with a modern Bernina. I had to make the decision to use this "sewing computer" the same way I had used my vintage machine or I could try getting into this century!

I've watched videos, I've read the manual. Some ideas I've come up with, like I've been doing some partial seam type blocks because now I have a thread cutter. I've tried quilting down with the standard foot, the built-in walking foot, and the BSR (bernina stitch regulator). Still haven't used (and probably won't) most of the fancy stitches, but I'm trying to think of some things to do. Have one with embroidered numbers, and probably a combination string/crazy quilt with fancy stitches.

This board gives me tons of ideas and encouragement along the way.

PS: We love pictures here! Some of us find it hard to get going with them but as they say (especially when you need help) a picture is worth a thousand words
Old 08-10-2019, 06:42 AM

Welcome to the board and congratulations on your new sewing machine. You will love this quilting board. Everyone on here is so helpful, encouraging, kind and supportive. What about a log cabin pattern to start out on? Good luck on whatever you start on and enjoy the adventure of sewing on a new machine