Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just brought home my Dream Machine..I hope >

Just brought home my Dream Machine..I hope

Just brought home my Dream Machine..I hope

Old 08-13-2011, 06:23 AM

I too just purchased this machine. My best tip is read thru instruction book and use it as a workbook. Go step by step. I plan to stitch every stitch (notice I said plan to). I have started sewing on my with just the straight stitch and the quartern inch foot. So far so good.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by scrappylady
Does anyone own a Janome 7700 Horizon ? I have finally brought one and would like to know if there is a forum out there on this machine. Are there any tricks that you Ladies would care to share with me. It is 30 miles to the Dealer who did give me some instructions, but they weren't all that knowledgeable. The other dealer is 50 miles and she doesn't like to give lessons if you do not buy from her...understandable. So I'm teaching myself. Not always good :-D Thanks.
Hi, Scrappy,
I have the Horizon and love love love it!
READ THE MANUAL. Watch the dvd. And I would drive those 30 miles to the dealer to get instruction, if needed. If the dealer isn't knowledgeable, I'd let Janome know. My dealer told me that his staff was required to learn how to use the machine.

LoriAnn
Old 08-13-2011, 07:23 AM

a dream for sure. Good choice.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:40 AM

I would like that link to help me with my sewing machine, Please
Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM

I bought one several weeks ago and love it, I do use the knee lift and sometimes the start button, depends what I am doing.There is nothing I dislike about it. :-D
Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 AM

I bought the Janome 6600 late last year. Not only did the ladies at the store spend 2 hours with me before I decided to buy the machine, they spent another2 hours before I took the machine home, they showed me how to clean and oil it after each use. I have unlimited one on one lessons with my machine any time I want. Just call to set up a time. They also give 15% off any extra special foot that I want at the time of the lesson. The ladies in my store all know the tricks of the machines they sell and are happy to share them. I'm only a couple miles from my store and I can always just stop in if I have a quick question. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a store so helpful.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:28 AM

I bought the Janome 6600 late last year. Not only did the ladies at the store spend 2 hours with me before I decided to buy the machine, they spent another2 hours before I took the machine home, they showed me how to clean and oil it after each use. I have unlimited one on one lessons with my machine any time I want. Just call to set up a time. They also give 15% off any extra special foot that I want at the time of the lesson. The ladies in my store all know the tricks of the machines they sell and are happy to share them. I'm only a couple miles from my store and I can always just stop in if I have a quick question. I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a store so helpful.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:53 AM

Leah Day quilts with a Janome 7700 Horizon. She has written quite a bit about it. You might find her comments useful.
http://www.daystyledesigns.com/janome.htm Hope this help.s It sounds like a fabulous machine!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:45 PM

have had my Horizon a year and love it. The Janome yahoo group is wonderful. They've helped me alot. My dealer didn't show me anything and is 100 miles away so everything I have learned, it's been by reading the manual and through the yahoo group.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
have had my Horizon a year and love it. The Janome yahoo group is wonderful. They've helped me alot. My dealer didn't show me anything and is 100 miles away so everything I have learned, it's been by reading the manual and through the yahoo group.
So you understand my situation...They did show me somethings but as I said they themselves weren't instructed on all its features. I did just plain sewing today without the foot or knee "thing" just to try it out. SO far so good...I'm afraid I will not be able to used the knee control because of my table. Not a big deal.