Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just how well will it quilt? >

Just how well will it quilt?

Just how well will it quilt?

Old 05-08-2011, 03:54 AM

The Janome dealer in Tullahoma, Tn. has the Horizon on sale for $2199.00 now. I want one so bad but no money to buy. We just helped our Grandson buy a house and it took what little money we had. I can still dream.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:29 AM

I have the 6600. I really like the accufeed foot and sew with it most of the time. I haven't done FMQ on it but have done echo quilting on it and Stitch in the Ditch a lot. My machine runs so smoothly, I could sit at the dinning room table and my husband could sit in his recliner next to the table and hear his tv shows without a problem. The other machine I had made so much noise he could'nt hear anything. Equipment pieces kept breaking and falling off of it. It was from JoAnn's. He was glad when I bought the Janome 6600.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:03 PM

Just for info when I bought my Bernina 11 years ago got a complimentary 1 day class on it's use and it was invaluable especially on it's cleaning. It is I am sure a less complex machine than you are considering, so you may want to take a class offered.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM

forgot to mention that if you buy your Janome from an authorized dealer you will get free classes on how to use your machine. My local dealer (even tho purchased from a different one b4 we moved) has classes once a month and lets me take as many free classes as I want. Cuz some functions which you don't use as often you are likely to forget how to do them.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:07 PM

I would love to get the Horizon 7700 also but I don't 'need' it. I have the 6500 which I love. Can't justify a 'want' for a 'need' right now with the economy etc.

Plus, I still don't have a Featherweight and I really want one of those to take to quilt classes. As much as I love my 6500 and all its functions and fancy stitches, it is such a bear to take to class.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:13 PM

[quote=newbiequilter
PIQF is in San Mateo in October - all the dealers are there too.[/quote]

Santa Clara.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by SewMomma66
Originally Posted by Holice
since you are looking at the Janome also look at the Horizon It has larger throat area and is great for machine quilting. Mine came with a CD as well.
I agree with Holice. I love my 7700. Test. Test. and Re-Test. The 7700 was my first real machine. I started with a singer curvy and quickly outgrew it.
I'm half way through FMQ a double bed quilt with my Janome Horizon. The 11" harp space makes such a big difference - previously I quilted on the 11000 and found a big quilt a real problem - this one is a dream! If you can afford to pay the extra, it's well-worth it.