Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it just nature's way? >

Is it just nature's way?

Is it just nature's way?

Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Jan in VA - I agree with you. See signs of the end times. So thankful, as a Christian, I don't have to worry about stock piling for the future (although I had 94 rolls of toilet tissue in my attic for the millenium). Like Crafty Pat, hope someone can use my present stock pile of fabric.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 AM

With all the violence in the middle east, our own economy and the uncertainty of the upcoming election and all the changes that will bring (regardless of which side of the debate you are on) here in the US, many folks are feeling unsettled and are preparing to be more self-sufficient and live off what they have accumulated.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:31 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This is the first time in my life where I'm not stock piling anything for quilting except a couple of cones of thread. I'm not buying fabric. I haven't bought fabric. I'm not going to buy fabric. Every time I get the urge to shop, I go into my sewing room and explore in my drawers and bins and storage unit and bookcase and I suddenly realize I have way too much. I have too much for two people! So, I am not shopping until I get my stash down to something reasonable. And, I'm saving money at the same time! That's a real bonus right there, believe me!!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:34 PM

Would love to add to my stash but budget is tight. I am making one last big quilt now and that will be the last of the big ones because I have MS and it is to expensive to have my quilts quilted as I cannot do it myself. I bought some fabric for a baby quilt and had a ball buying it. I used the senior discount at JoAnns,