Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Just Purchased

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    I used a Sharpie permanent pen and a ruler to mark the dies right where the cutting edges are. I always rough-cut my fabric, adding only 1/2" to the width of the cutting blades. The Sharpie lines help me position the fabric so the blades are covered, reducing fabric waste considerably.
    I tried this, using a Sharpie - yellow. Didn't show up super well, but well enough to show me where the blade was.
    One thing I noticed, new dies only have a certain part where the blade comes up to cut shown.
    Had a friend come over and let her try it out. I grabbed a junk piece - yuck fabric to play with. She was amazed at how fast it cut 16 half triangles!

Blog Entries
    I will also be doing rough cutting before using it to cut percise sections.
    That is a way for less waste. It is fun trying out all the ways to cut with it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by franie
    Happy Birthday. That will work well for you instead of rotary cutting.
    Thank you, so far it has been a wonderful day. Got to show my new cutting toy to my friend. When I told her how much I paid she was shocked. I paid $300. As heavy as it is, even ordering via someplace like Amazon had $$$ shipping.
    Need to call on the Quilt Cut 2 to see how much it is going to cost overall. I know it starts at $209, plus tax. Shipping though may be the cost part as it is bulky and heavy.
    Having these neat cutting tools I think will help with my overall quilting.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nellebelles
    Happy birthday! Lucky you... :mrgreen:
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Holiday
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Just got home from buying an Accuquilt-GO. Going to be playing tonight to get used to a new and improved method to cut fabric.
    Also got several fat quarters as testers for this learning curve. It's my birthday present to myself. That and with my hands having arthritis, this should make cutting more enjoyable and faster.
    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! What a wonderful birthday treat!
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
    Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Just got home from buying an Accuquilt-GO. Going to be playing tonight to get used to a new and improved method to cut fabric.
    Also got several fat quarters as testers for this learning curve. It's my birthday present to myself. That and with my hands having arthritis, this should make cutting more enjoyable and faster.
    Well, Happy Birthday to you!!!! Hope you have fun with it. :lol:
    :XD:
    Thank you

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnie
    sounds like fun and maybe a new business too
    Very possible for a business, cutting shapes for people.

Blog Entries
    I ordered the Alto Quilt Cut 2 this am. With my problem of my left shoulder dropping when I try to do long cuts, decided it was a nice addition to my quilting room and equiptment.
    It will be nice to have a cutting instrument where the ruler stays put!
    It will be coming from the state of Washington so about a week UPS.
    When I spoke to the person on the phone yesterday I asked how heavy it was - boxed 18 pounds. More bulk than actual weight as it is approx 20 x 28 for overall size.
    I do have a large table for cutting in my sewing room. One side will be the Quilt Cut 2 other side the ACCUQUILT GO for shapes other than straight cuts.

Blog Entries
    How did the squares measure up? I have the 5" and was worried about that. I haven't tried it yet. And happy belated birthday!

Blog Entries
    The 5 inch squares did fine, 5 inches. Guess I did something right lol. The instructions that are given with the unit, show how to find length of fabric by snapping it. I was showing a friend from the local Quilt Guild P&P who dropped by, and allowed her to try it out also. She was courious as to how it would cut. She turned the handle, I pushed the die.
    I have another die coming in the mail this coming week, the 6 - 2 inch squares. I want to get the Tumbler die next. Saw a video on it, seems to be a larger piece that you need to use strips that barely cover the die for less fabric waste.

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2