Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just Purchased

Blog Entries
    Just got home from buying an Accuquilt-GO. Going to be playing tonight to get used to a new and improved method to cut fabric.
    Also got several fat quarters as testers for this learning curve. It's my birthday present to myself. That and with my hands having arthritis, this should make cutting more enjoyable and faster.

Blog Entries
    sounds like fun, let us know how you like it

Quote Originally Posted by DebsShelties
    Just got home from buying an Accuquilt-GO. Going to be playing tonight to get used to a new and improved method to cut fabric.
    Also got several fat quarters as testers for this learning curve. It's my birthday present to myself. That and with my hands having arthritis, this should make cutting more enjoyable and faster.

Good for you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BTW.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, my birthday is tomorrow the 7th. I am going over to Amazon.com now to look for a rack for the dies, and perhaps purchase another with a mat to go with it.

Blog Entries
    My Go! was kind of hard to crank at first, so I could cut only two layers of fabric at a time. The machine loosened up a little with use, so that now I can cut four layers at a time.

You might want to join the accuquilt group on yahoo. Lots of tips and friendly quilters there, not to mention lots of photos of finished quilts in the files. Here is a link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucu...guid=269586551

You might want to hold off on buying a rack. Some of the members on the group have found less expensive alternatives that work very well for storage.

Blog Entries
    WOW is all I can say. Just cut 20 5 inch squares in less than 3 mins! That is speed for me - arthritis.
    I think I am going to love this machine, will need to get more mats though.
    I have never cut this fast.
    Earlier when I was at the store picking it up, talked to a wonderful lady who as it turns out used to be a quilting teacher. We discussed the different cutting machines and how it would make life easier on getting correct cuts.
    Still need to figure out things with this machine, but that is coming fast.
    I am a fast learner.

Happy B-day

Blog Entries
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Prism99
    My Go! was kind of hard to crank at first, so I could cut only two layers of fabric at a time. The machine loosened up a little with use, so that now I can cut four layers at a time.

You might want to join the accuquilt group on yahoo. Lots of tips and friendly quilters there, not to mention lots of photos of finished quilts in the files. Here is a link:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/accucu...guid=269586551

You might want to hold off on buying a rack. Some of the members on the group have found less expensive alternatives that work very well for storage.
    Thanks.
    I cut 3 - 4 thick on the fabric. Figured out that I need to do the dies that are less than 10x10 at a slight angle to get them thru. Had to back one out as oops had it angled too far.
    Live n learn.

Happy Birthday tomorrow. I figure if I want something, I will buy it for myself, sure way to get what I really want.
    Good for you.

Blog Entries
    Check the accuracy of your 5-inch squares before cutting too many. If they are off, you may need to use some specialized tips for making them accurate. It's mostly just the 5-inch square die that seems to have this problem (with two of the sides being slightly less tha 5 inches).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingleberry
    Happy Birthday tomorrow. I figure if I want something, I will buy it for myself, sure way to get what I really want.
    Good for you.
    Thanks, Christmas will probably be a Quilt Cut 2 for strips etc.
    I liked the idea of applique that the Accuquilt can do. I even found a Sunbonnet Sue and Sam on one site as dies for it!

Blog Entries
    Thank you, will check to see if they are true 5 inches.

Enjoy your GO! I have one as well and totally enjoy it! I did also have the problem with the 5" die and had to call and find the fix for it.....it's all in the grain of fabric and states on the papers how to do it....I just didn't read them.
    I have several of the dies and tried a manila folder rack for storage of them and the mats, that didn't work too well as they kept falling through. I ended up putting them into a hanging file container (lid removed) as they all fit in there nicely! I would end up having to have more than one rack eventually. Also, if you go to youtube, there are a ton of videos for shortcuts and how to double cut on them.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I hope you enjoy your new toy!

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    I love mine.. Got it from my hubby last year for my birthday.. it kinda wastes fabric but i still love it..I have almost all the dies except for the most recent ones.. I got the 2in sq & the Hexagon to use up my mini scraps that I cant dare to toss away.. The mats are not as durable as i had hoped so they have to be replaced pretty often depending on how much you use it... Other than that its one of my favorite new toys.. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    sounds like fun and maybe a new business too

I don't have one yet but have been seriously thinking about it. Sounds like most that have one really enjoys it.
    Happy Birthday!

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday I know that you are in hog heaven now :lol: :lol: :lol: . :mrgreen:

Happy birthday! Lucky you... :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone. I played with it last night, read all directions first. Got out some leftover fabric to play with = learning curve. Snapped the fabric as the paper said to find which way went where. Then placed on the cutter with the mat on top. I want to do rough cutting today, someone said that is what they do to save fabric. I can see where it would be a lot less waste that way, especially on certain dies like the circles that are right up the middle of the 10 x 10 die. The one mat has cut marks in different places due to the fabric covering the edge of the die. I wanted to use what I consider yucky fabric as learning stuff instead of using my fav fabrics.
    Overall it is a fun toy.

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Well, Happy Birthday to you!!!! Hope you have fun with it. :lol:
    :XD:

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday! What a wonderful birthday treat!

Blog Entries
    I used a Sharpie permanent pen and a ruler to mark the dies right where the cutting edges are. I always rough-cut my fabric, adding only 1/2" to the width of the cutting blades. The Sharpie lines help me position the fabric so the blades are covered, reducing fabric waste considerably.

Happy Birthday. That will work well for you instead of rotary cutting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast