Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kai scissors >

Kai scissors

Kai scissors

Old 01-11-2014, 06:43 AM

Just when you think you know it all.....KAI scissors appear. I have not heard of these scissors. I to am wondering what a basic size of scissors, or the most popular size to start out with. The AQS show comes to Des Moines in the fall would they be vending there, also?
Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 AM

My favorite are the 4" Kai curved blade scissors; but I have 3 pairs of the 4" Kai scissors with the straight blade. I have a pair in each of my sewing areas. They are the only small scissors I use. I love them. The next time I purchase larger scissors, they will definitely be Kai.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 AM

I buy a different size pair every time I go to the quilt show in Paducah. Love them!
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Default road 2 ca

Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I totally agree and can't wait for Road2CA show so I can buy other different sizes.
Are you going on a bus or driving? Just interested because I wondered if there is a bus from the area.

I am going on a bus from Tustin Senior Center.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:21 AM

I have Kai scissors, and they are great. I also have Buckley small scissors, love them too. My husband bought me the Bordeaux scissors for Christmas.....OMG they are like cutting through butter. Very expensive I believe.....and then I went to Tuesday Morning....they had several sizes really marked down, so I got those too. You can't go wrong with quality scissors, I like all of the above brands. Bordeaux... I could not believe the Mfg.....Clover. They cut right to the tip..THEY CUT THROUGH 12 LAYERS OF FABRIC! (not that I do)....the only ones that Nancy Zieman uses...and not because she promotes Clover....they do perform. They are reduced at her site today.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by cindyg View Post
I love them. I bought my first pair at the Houston quilt show and subsequently have bought more for me and some for friends. Highly recommend.
me too, i pick up a new one each time i go to the paducah show. I have a collection of them. My question to them is "what's new".
Old 01-11-2014, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by picketnsews View Post
Just when you think you know it all.....KAI scissors appear. I have not heard of these scissors. I to am wondering what a basic size of scissors, or the most popular size to start out with. The AQS show comes to Des Moines in the fall would they be vending there, also?
At the quilt shows, they often have sets of them for a special price. I started out with them.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by celwood View Post
I agree. I have had my Kai scissors for over 7 years and love them. Every one in the house knows that "Thou shall not touch the black handle scissors"......LOL
Oh, yeah...like that's going to work. For my family, that's just an irresistible, juicy challenge. I still want a pair though. I'll have to think of some clever way to hide, or disguise them...LOL.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM

My absolute favorite scissors, are from Karen Kay Buckley. They work great.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:57 AM

Has anyone tried their rotary cutters? Fiskars blades seem to get dull so quickly, I'm considering a change. Thanks for this thread - I plan to try a pair of their scissors next chance I get.