Keepin it Klean and Komfortable >

Keepin it Klean and Komfortable

Keepin it Klean and Komfortable

Old 08-06-2010, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lyn
Dang, how far is Ontario from NH? :)
No lie!!! :lol: :lol: Come on down!! :-D
Old 08-06-2010, 04:39 AM

This is just an afterthought - I have a Janome 6600 with a built in desk and wondered what the heck the little flip open door was on the left of the needle so one day I had an aha moment and taped a baggie INSIDE this opening and now I just open the top and snip all my threads, etc. into the baggie. When I finish the project, I just reach in and take out the threads, throw them away, and close the door. No threads or snipped corners on the floor! Of course this may have been what the mfg. had in mind but they never said anything in the booklet about it. Just wanted to pass this tidbit along to others who may have similar type desk units.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:19 AM

When you find out let me know!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:29 AM

I only have a 10 x 10 "sewing room" and a lot of stuff so it has to stay relatively organized. Note I said relatively. It does get out of order too. I have 2 large cabinets with shelves for fabric, projects in baskets on top of the cabinets,2 bookcases for books, magazines and supplies, a nice sewing machine cabinet that has the fold out arm that looks like a desk, (my embroidery machine lives on top of this) and the ironing board always set up. I have collected my fossil fern fabrics and moda marbles into large totes also. These totes live on a movers dolly with wheels. It sits between the sewing machine cabinet and the fabric cabinet blocking the doors. But, since it is on wheels it is a breeze to move and get to the fabric store inside the cabinet. : ) In the closet I have those wire basket cabinets that are about 30 inches high and some shelves above. This is where I store rulers, templates, patterns, stabilizer, paints, gifts bags, etc. The funny thing is that I rarely sew in this room! It is my storeroom! I sew in the living room where I can be with my husband so we can watch tv together when we get home from work. I always keep my featherweight set up and a project basket with everything I need for my active project on a small table that is fastened with electrical ties to another movers dolly. I keep this in the "sewing room" by day and in the evening roll it into the living room and I'm ready to sew even if it's only for 30 minutes! Those few minutes sewing in the evening after work are what helps me keep my spirit fresh!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:43 AM

Gwyn here is a few of my pictures. the small containers are progets I hve material for. I got the smal containers for a dollar and they fit perfect in my cabinet.

My sewing space
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92556[/ATTACH]

My cutting space
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92557[/ATTACH]

My small containers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92558[/ATTACH]

One of my Quilt for Kids donation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]92628[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-92551.jpe   attachment-92552.jpe   attachment-92553.jpe   attachment-92623.jpe  
Old 08-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Your room is just gorgeous but i noticed something. You have a fold up chair for sewing. Have you ever given some thought to using a rolling office chair? I find one indispensible and love it for quilting at my Grace frame too. It just may make life a bit easier, but I wish my sewing space had as much room as you. It is wonderful and good luck.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:33 PM

What a wonderful place to create. You have wonderful light and everything is so organized. Not only can your see your carpet but it is clean! Enjoy your sewing space.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:10 PM

The table just below my original long post is the table I have strapped to the movers dolly! Great quilters think alike don't we! :)
Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM

Well, I don't have tons of material to worry over yet! I have accumulated some fabric and have scraps from projects I have made and some scraps that were generously sent to me. I do know that it could or can be a constant chore to organize and keep things in their place for later use, I have that already with my small amount of stuff! All I do is clean up after each days sewing and try to keep things in their place. One day I would like to organize an actual room for sewing, at the moment I am using the basement and seem to have spread out there quite well :) ! I love the suggestions and pictures that people have posted over the months of their rooms, so by the time I get to that point I will have some great ideas to incorporate. Keep them coming and Gywn, good luck with your endeavors!
Old 08-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Thanks everyone now back to sewing those baby quilts.

Cookie