Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny" >

Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny"

Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny"

Old 08-27-2010, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sandy1951
That's adorable! I also hope Mom saves her "quilt." :) How old is your granddaughter?
My Grandaughter just turned 6 yrs old last month. Her Mom is giving me the quilt for xmas. I am going to save it for her and give it to her when she gets married.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:36 PM

You got to love it, Her heart was in the right place. You better teach her how to quilt and were here fabric come from or the next time it might be your fabric that goes miss in action. I laugh until I cried. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-27-2010, 01:40 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Children!! You gotta love em and learn to laugh!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
My Granddaughter has been staying with us for few days before she goes back to school. Well....I was working on a quilt and she was asking lots and lots of questions about it. She is a bit hyper and sometimes she gets into things she is not sapose to do. She anounced that she wants to be a quilter to. She couldn't understand why I cut the fabric up and then sew it back together and I just told her quilts are sapose to be colorful so I cut different blocks so the quilt is pretty. She had this look in her eyes that I knew something was stewing in her little brain. Her Mom picked her up and few days later I got a call from my Daughter in law all upset with me for telling her about sewing. I ask her why she was so upset with me I thought it was a good thing! Well the little stinker took out all the wash clothes and towels from the bath room closet and snuck them into her room......she cut them all up and used tape instead of sewing to make a quilt for her Mom. Well......I am still gigling about it but have to buy a new set of towels for my daughter in law.
I think your daughter in law should be glad . your dgd cute up the wash cloth and not her clothes. and instead be please her daugher made her a quilt. with no help.
How old is the dgd.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Oh my!!! LOL!!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by texas granny
Originally Posted by Deborah12687
My Granddaughter has been staying with us for few days before she goes back to school. Well....I was working on a quilt and she was asking lots and lots of questions about it. She is a bit hyper and sometimes she gets into things she is not sapose to do. She anounced that she wants to be a quilter to. She couldn't understand why I cut the fabric up and then sew it back together and I just told her quilts are sapose to be colorful so I cut different blocks so the quilt is pretty. She had this look in her eyes that I knew something was stewing in her little brain. Her Mom picked her up and few days later I got a call from my Daughter in law all upset with me for telling her about sewing. I ask her why she was so upset with me I thought it was a good thing! Well the little stinker took out all the wash clothes and towels from the bath room closet and snuck them into her room......she cut them all up and used tape instead of sewing to make a quilt for her Mom. Well......I am still gigling about it but have to buy a new set of towels for my daughter in law.
I think your daughter in law should be glad . your dgd cute up the wash cloth and not her clothes. and instead be please her daugher made her a quilt. with no help.
How old is the dgd.
My Grandaughter just turned 6 recently. She is a hand full but I do love her a lot.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

That is really cute. I am glad that your dil is saving it. I hope she thanked her daughter for making it also.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:37 PM

That definitely sounds like something one of my DGC would try to do. I'm glad that your DDIL is saving the quilt and giving it to you for Christmas. Buying a set of towels is a small price to pay for such a great story & memory!!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Dear Texas Granny, My two very ADD/hyperactive children, a boy and a girl are in their twenties now and living on their own. They were both "challenging" children.

Once, when my son was in grade 5, I was picking him up after school. As he approaced the car, I saw to my horror that he had cut off his brand new jeans above the knee. He got in the car and said, "Now, Mom, I don't want you to think that I did this impulsively. I really thought about it and decided that I wanted to do it more than the consequences that would happen later."

The next day I was told by a teacher that several parents were very angry with me (bad parenting, you know) because their children had followed his lead and cut their jeans off, too. Then the whole lunchroom went wild with children running around with pant legs on their heads.

I like your idea of saving the "quilt" and giving it to your grand daughter as a wedding present. It would be fun to tell the story and show it off at the reception. Your daughter in law should hope that that is the worst thing her little girl does between now and her teenage years!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
That definitely sounds like something one of my DGC would try to do. I'm glad that your DDIL is saving the quilt and giving it to you for Christmas. Buying a set of towels is a small price to pay for such a great story & memory!!
It is costing me $65.00 to replace the towels and wash clothes I really don't care about the cost it just tickles me that she has interest in quilting. I will never forget this and it is a wonderful memory.