Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny" >

Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny"

Kids and wanting to make a quilt "This is Funny"

Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 AM

What a great story about cutting up the towels and using tape to put them together. Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Oh my gosh . . . that is so sweet--making a quilt for her mom.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:06 AM

Well I think that's just adorable. Maybe you could take all the cuts she made and sew them together for her into her own little quilt. Of course I consider this adorable because my kids are all adults and there's no chance they would do that and the grandkids live too far away.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
Originally Posted by Sandy1951
That's adorable! I also hope Mom saves her "quilt." :) How old is your granddaughter?
My Grandaughter just turned 6 yrs old last month. Her Mom is giving me the quilt for xmas. I am going to save it for her and give it to her when she gets married.
That is just too funny. I hope there was nothing special in her "stash". Oh, I would approlutely make a quilt for her just like she taped it together. I don't think the tape will last, but the fabric certainly will, and the story will last her lifetime. That would be a very fun quilt to work on.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:20 PM

now, that is the sweetest and funniest story I have heard in a L o n g time!!! I love kids!!!! Do teach that baby to quilt before she discovers another inappropriate stash!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM

Hide the scissors and rotary cutter when she comes back for another visit! I would LOVE to see a picture! When kids are quiet, you GOTTA find out what is going on!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:59 PM

My Granddaughter has been staying with us for few days before she goes back to school. Well....I was working on a quilt and she was asking lots and lots of questions about it. She is a bit hyper and sometimes she gets into things she is not sapose to do. She anounced that she wants to be a quilter to. She couldn't understand why I cut the fabric up and then sew it back together and I just told her quilts are sapose to be colorful so I cut different blocks so the quilt is pretty. She had this look in her eyes that I knew something was stewing in her little brain. Her Mom picked her up and few days later I got a call from my Daughter in law all upset with me for telling her about sewing. I ask her why she was so upset with me I thought it was a good thing! Well the little stinker took out all the wash clothes and towels from the bath room closet and snuck them into her room......she cut them all up and used tape instead of sewing to make a quilt for her Mom. Well......I am still gigling about it but have to buy a new set of towels for my daughter in law.
Oh! I love this, I just had to laugh. How old is your DGD. I'm sure her mother wasn't happy about the loss of her wash cloths and towels, but the DGD was being very creative and wanted to do something for mom. Perhaps you should go out and purchase her some inexpensive fab. and be sure to tell her that this is the only thing she can cut into. Hopefully the next time she is with you, she can learn to sew. Do get a pic. of this quilt she made, sew it together for her and share with all of us. I love this story. She will too later in life. I think giving it to her when she marries is a great idea. She may end up being a great designer, who knows. Get her a sketch pad and some colored pencils, so she can draw her own designs for a new quilt, to be made with Grandmother at Grandmother's house the next time she visits. Perhaps colored construction paper, to make her designs with. but remind her that only certain things should be cut up for quilts, so her clothes won't be next. lol Who knows what this episode with evolve into.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Power Poster

I think this is so cute and should have been appreciated by your DIL as something loving her daughter tried to do for her. How old is your GD? I think your DIL should have told you about it but not been mad and should buy her own replacement towels and some material for her daughter to cut up and quilt with some supervision.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:07 PM

I'd say it's time to give her a stash of her own so she can play with it without getting in trouble.
Love what she did and I hope she didn't holler at her for it. I think she should encourage her by buying her a small stash that she can enjoy. Maybe even get her a small sewing kit and show her how to use it as well.

Tell her we want to see pictures cause I'm sure it is beautful.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:32 PM

My Granddaughter has been staying with us for few days before she goes back to school. Well....I was working on a quilt and she was asking lots and lots of questions about it. She is a bit hyper and sometimes she gets into things she is not sapose to do. She anounced that she wants to be a quilter to. She couldn't understand why I cut the fabric up and then sew it back together and I just told her quilts are sapose to be colorful so I cut different blocks so the quilt is pretty. She had this look in her eyes that I knew something was stewing in her little brain. Her Mom picked her up and few days later I got a call from my Daughter in law all upset with me for telling her about sewing. I ask her why she was so upset with me I thought it was a good thing! Well the little stinker took out all the wash clothes and towels from the bath room closet and snuck them into her room......she cut them all up and used tape instead of sewing to make a quilt for her Mom. Well......I am still gigling about it but have to buy a new set of towels for my daughter in law.
I hope she took pictures. This is priceless.