Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kindle owners, have you?

Blog Entries
    Fantastic info everyone, thank you very much. I was half sold on it when I started this thread, now I think I am totally sold, so it's just a matter of when.

I read somewhere that there might be a coloured version coming soon, but I doubt if it would be in my price range somehow.

I thought about the ipad, but it is too pricey for me at the moment, plus I think it has a lot of things that I can already do on my notebook, so I would be paying twice. I am attracted to the newest Kindle because of its size as much as anything, as I am thinking of taking it out and about whilst waiting for appts. at various doctors and hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Fantastic info everyone, thank you very much. I was half sold on it when I started this thread, now I think I am totally sold, so it's just a matter of when.

I read somewhere that there might be a coloured version coming soon, but I doubt if it would be in my price range somehow.

I thought about the ipad, but it is too pricey for me at the moment, plus I think it has a lot of things that I can already do on my notebook, so I would be paying twice. I am attracted to the newest Kindle because of its size as much as anything, as I am thinking of taking it out and about whilst waiting for appts. at various doctors and hospitals.
    I heard that my local library supports at least one type of ebook reader... can't remember which one. You may download all library books for free, anytime, anywhere.....Enough said! I need to get one of these for myself...;)

With a kindle you won't be able to see pictures in color and good luck going back and forth from page to page quickly. I don't think the kindle would be feasible for quilt books.

I do love mine for reading though, I have 47 books on it already and I can even access my books from my computer.

Well, I know I'm sold now!!! It sounds like a great invention. Usually DH is the one wanting the "new" stuff...this time it's me!

Blog Entries
    I read outside on my patio in the sun and have never had a problem..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2