Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Kits or not to kits?

My mother picked up a NEW one at a garage sale for $2 a few years back for me. I took one look at it when I first got my sewing machine & FREAKED! Yesterday I began digging into it & found it to be very enjoyable. I am a beginner quilter (completed 3 & 1 top so far). Its a star pattern. Its by millcreek? Don't know too much about the brands.
    I like it because it has its own clear zip bag to keep the pieces in while not being worked on. The fabric seems to be of good quality & the cuts are accurate.

I have some kits and some none kits. I think it really just depends. Its a great way to start out until you feel comfortable with choosing your own colours. and sometimes it great to not have to think about it and just do it. With some patterns the kits are better because you don't end up with as much waste. Sometimes the pattern is great but the fabric choices available are aweful. I think it's really dependant on what the pattern is and my mood that day.

Any quilt kit with a design by Marti Michelle will have good fabic. If in doubt, e-mail your "what company makes the fabric? question to the store. That's your key to discovering the quality.

Sandy

I buy the kits online as we have trouble getting a lot of the beautiful fabrics that are available...I live about 90 kms from the city and the fabric yardage is now 16.00 to 18.00 a meter...buying a kit makes sure you get the fabric you want for the look you want.

I have a couple that I'm working on. They're okay.

Blog Entries
    Hello, I am new here so this is a question I can respond to.I love kits, as all the colour choices are made for me.I have a difficult time with that.Never been disappointed with any I have purchased so far. Of course it doesn't help me to lower my stash.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4