Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Knee Lift >

Knee Lift

Knee Lift

Old 08-28-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by SueSew View Post
My Janome has the thread-cutter and it cuts the thread very short, it pops right out of the needle and I have to re-thread it. How do you deal with that when there is such a sort tail?
Not sure about your machine, but this happens on my Brother 1500. It's an easy fix - there is a thread guide above the tension knob that has 3 holes. If my needle keeps coming unthreaded when cutting, I take the thread out of one of the holes in the thread guide. In other words, instead of using all three holes in the guide, I use two or one.

HTH
Old 08-28-2014, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
My Juki and Babylock Jane has them. I never use the knee lift. It just gets in my way.
I suppose one would have to get use to it.
I use the knee lift more often when sewing clothing. It truly helps when setting in sleeves, etc and you don't want to take your hands off to lower the presser foot.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Not sure about your machine, but this happens on my Brother 1500. It's an easy fix - there is a thread guide above the tension knob that has 3 holes. If my needle keeps coming unthreaded when cutting, I take the thread out of one of the holes in the thread guide. In other words, instead of using all three holes in the guide, I use two or one.

HTH
Thanks Peckish! I don't think I have the choice of holes on the takeup arm or whatever, but I will use the same principle