Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Knoxville quilt show

Hello -

We live in the area and were able to go to the show Thursday. It was a good crowd and lots of vendors. I didn't think to take a camera, but the quilts and all were great. We purchased a couple of Creative Grids rulers, some quilt fabrics, some purse fabrics and a pattern, some fusing powder that was being demo'd, and a book.

We also purchased some plastic cards from Polar Notions to wrap fabric. We've put some of our fabrics on them and they do work! They save space too. We can put several fabrics together that belong to one project and see what we have. It may take a while to get everything put on the new cards, but I think we'll eventually have everything in the stash on them.

One vendor had a pressure steam iron that looked really interesting. Another had some portable design walls. We saw tons of fabrics, notions, LAQ machines, threads, kits, etc. A favorite that we loved but didn't buy was at a hand-dyed batik store. They had dyed flannel and were offering a kit for $100 that was gorgeous. Maybe next year.

cjc
    I went Saturday. It was great!

I was at the show Thursday and Friday. It was so fun to meet tnjacke (Jackie). She is so sweet and knew everyone!! I wish we had more time together--I looked for her later, but never found her.

The show was wonderful--the vendors were great and the quilts were beautiful. I spent a LOT of money and bought some yummy goodies. I am going to post pictures in a separate thread on Thursday (right now I am at the beach with my husband, our daughter, son in law and three granddaughters)

Talked to Tippy on the phone Saturday morning, but I was tired and ready to go home, so I did not go back to the quilt show. It would have been so fun to meet up with her. Alas---maybe next year Tippy!!!

Marcia, did you take any pictures you can post? I'm on pins and needles waiting for the show, lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2