Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Labyrinth/Josephine's Knot patterns >

Labyrinth/Josephine's Knot patterns

Labyrinth/Josephine's Knot patterns

Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 AM

These are all lovely! I love designs that at first glance appear complex but in reality are fairly simple to do. Definitely going on my ever expanding 'gotta do this' list!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 AM

I love the Laybrinth although its so very easy my grand children and family love the pattern so i'm doing it again. and once more
Very Easy
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM

Default Did you ever change your mind mid-project?

Saw Labyrinth, fell in love, bought pattern for son and daughter-in-law in blues. Well, couldn't find the blues that suited me. Walked into a shop and there was a completed Maywood Wild Rose II in blues and yellows. I do a lot of gardening, my son's favorite color is yellow, and the blues are amazing. It was a kit and on sale, a good sale. So, talk about switching horses in the middle of the stream! But I am definitely going to do the Labyrinth someday. It is too pretty and all of the quilts shown are beautiful.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
NO, it is not. Save yourself the trouble of trying to figure it out, the pattern is not that costly! And then you will have all 4 sizes to use!
She asked if it was easy to do. I responded to that. I never mentioned anything about "not buying" the pattern. Yikes..
Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
She asked if it was easy to do. I responded to that. I never mentioned anything about "not buying" the pattern. Yikes..
I agree. I have planned to make one since I saw it. I generally don't buy patterns because for me the math of figuring out the pattern IS the fun part.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
Thanks WTxRED for posting this photo- I have also made the Labyrinth quilt but didn't want to keep it as a square quilt and your solution is perfect! May I borrow your idea? As to the original question - yes, this is a really easy quilt to make! Only suggestion is that you use a design wall or flat surface to lay out your blocks to keep the colors in the right place.
Absolutely but have to tell you - it wasn't my idea - it was the original (pattern) directions for a queen :-)
Old 03-29-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm in the process of doing Labyrinth Walk (Just the borders to do). in Quilt April/May 2012 check it out .

quiltersqtrs.com

Last edited by mary quilting; 03-29-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 PM

Everyone's quilts look so nice. I have had the pattern for almost a year, but can't seem to find the right color combination. Have bought fabric 2 different times, and I just can't find what the right ones. I think the trick is getting a good contrast.
I am sure I will know it, when I see it.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM

I've got the pattern and fabric..hope it's as easy as everyone says it it....lol
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I just took the Labyrinth class with Debbie. Very simple, though NOT just squares and HST's like some think.
THe Josephine one is just strips! Looked really simple when she showed us the quilt!
What is there in the pattern if it is not just squares and HSTs? I ordered the pattern and am expecting it to come any day but it would be nice to find out all I can before I try to do one. Thanks!