Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Labyrinth/Josephine's Knot patterns

Labyrinth/Josephine's Knot patterns

Has anyone done either a Labyrinth or Josephine's Knot pattern by Debbie Maddy? I have been looking at the patterns, and they claim to be fairly easy, but I would like to hear other opinions on it. What fabric did you use? They show them as being done with Stonehenge fabrics, but I am not familiar with them-I've only seen the fabrics i pictures. Thanks!

I have not made the Labyrinth yet but I just bought her pattern. I am not sure what fabric I will chose. Have look thru pattern and it does not look to difficult. I am really looking forward to getting started.

Blog Entries
    The Laybrinth quilt reminds me of the Celtic Pieced Illusion pattern by Karen Combs. The method is very simple, using just two blocks– triangle-in-the-corner blocks and nine-patches. I know it's not the same but close enough for me.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    if you look at it, you could mark 1/4 of it off and then mark off all the lines that make hst's and squares. it is easy. you just have to watch your color placement. it's a lovely pattern!!! several people here have made it.

Blog Entries
    I've done the Labyrinth (super easy) in a mix of batiks and florals. Batiks are like any fabric, they need to compliment the other fabric. The only fabric I (personally) would not put with batiks is 30s' reproduction.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just took the Labyrinth class with Debbie. Very simple, though NOT just squares and HST's like some think.
    THe Josephine one is just strips! Looked really simple when she showed us the quilt!

Blog Entries
    Very pretty quilt

QM
    Joyce, I love your fabric choices on that.

Blog Entries
    My local LQS is going to offer a class on Josephine's Knot and she swears you can do a twin quilt in less than four hours! Here is her twin sample and a customer's queen (not finished yet)

You do need to be careful in choosing your fabrics as you can see in the one that some colors blend in to much and you can't see them very well.

Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

My very first quilt ever was a queen size Labyrinth (Debby's pattern) in Nov 2011. Easy enough for a beginner!
    Name:  1b.jpg
Views: 9634
Size:  79.6 KB It's more Jade and Chocolate than the picture shows... and I'm a batik freak :-)

Blog Entries
    oh my, those are gorgeous! one and all!!!

I had a lot of fun with Labyrith, had to do some extra piecing (was short about 10" of the background material-bought years ago
    Last edited by wendsy; 03-27-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: adding picture
    Quilters have the best sense of humor, we keep everyone in stitches

Looks like just squares and HST's to me. Should be easy enough. I'm definitely going to do one someday. I love the look of this design.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

heres mine,,, not finished yet, easy enough, just need to watch your cuts and seams.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass......It's learning how to dance in the rain!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
    Looks like just squares and HST's to me. Should be easy enough. I'm definitely going to do one someday. I love the look of this design.
    NO, it is not. Save yourself the trouble of trying to figure it out, the pattern is not that costly! And then you will have all 4 sizes to use!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    heres mine,,, not finished yet, easy enough, just need to watch your cuts and seams.
    sha-bam! love that color punch...wow!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wendsy View Post
    I had a lot of fun with Labyrith, had to do some extra piecing (was short about 10" of the background material-bought years ago
    very nice! love the background fabric for this!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
    My very first quilt ever was a queen size Labyrinth (Debby's pattern) in Nov 2011. Easy enough for a beginner!
    Name:  1b.jpg
Views: 9634
Size:  79.6 KB It's more Jade and Chocolate than the picture shows... and I'm a batik freak :-)
    just beautiful! I too am a batik JUNKY!

Gorgeous quilt! Love your fabric choices!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Thanks WTxRED for posting this photo- I have also made the Labyrinth quilt but didn't want to keep it as a square quilt and your solution is perfect! May I borrow your idea? As to the original question - yes, this is a really easy quilt to make! Only suggestion is that you use a design wall or flat surface to lay out your blocks to keep the colors in the right place.

These are all lovely! I love designs that at first glance appear complex but in reality are fairly simple to do. Definitely going on my ever expanding 'gotta do this' list!
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Blog Entries
    I love the Laybrinth although its so very easy my grand children and family love the pattern so i'm doing it again. and once more
    Very Easy
    Warm Regards,
    Sandra

Did you ever change your mind mid-project?

Saw Labyrinth, fell in love, bought pattern for son and daughter-in-law in blues. Well, couldn't find the blues that suited me. Walked into a shop and there was a completed Maywood Wild Rose II in blues and yellows. I do a lot of gardening, my son's favorite color is yellow, and the blues are amazing. It was a kit and on sale, a good sale. So, talk about switching horses in the middle of the stream! But I am definitely going to do the Labyrinth someday. It is too pretty and all of the quilts shown are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    NO, it is not. Save yourself the trouble of trying to figure it out, the pattern is not that costly! And then you will have all 4 sizes to use!
    She asked if it was easy to do. I responded to that. I never mentioned anything about "not buying" the pattern. Yikes..
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
    She asked if it was easy to do. I responded to that. I never mentioned anything about "not buying" the pattern. Yikes..
    I agree. I have planned to make one since I saw it. I generally don't buy patterns because for me the math of figuring out the pattern IS the fun part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast