Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Layer cake ? >

Layer cake ?

Layer cake ?

Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Pink Lady View Post
I just pick up Boundary Water Flannel layer cake by Moda. When I handle the fabric my eye and nose start to run and I can not stop sneezing. My mouth also get dry and no mater how much water I drink it is not enough. Has anyone else had the problem? Can I wash it. What would you all do. I pick this up to made my hubby a little lap quilt for xmas.I just love the fabrics.
Try safety pinning like colors then wash. I have done this and it keeps them from fraying as much and helps keep their shape. You will have to pin each corner, sides, and a few times in the middle.

I often do this with fat quarters, works great. Otherwise, return the fabric, or email Moda and let them know it is making you sick because it might make others sick, especially children.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

I think I would contact the store where you purchased the layer cake and ask if they can replace the fabric with an alternate or refund your money. I believe any store would like to be made aware of something this significant with their fabric. There has to be something in the finishing of the fabric that is causing an allergic reaction - I would contact the store.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:02 PM

Are the edges of the layer cake pinked? You may want to contact the manufacturer. They will be very concerned about the allergic reaction to their fabric. You might get an exchange of the same fabric washed, or not having the allergic stuff attached. It's worth a try.