Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lemoyne star >

Lemoyne star

Lemoyne star

Old 12-11-2013, 02:51 PM

I think this is the LeMoyne star and I used all half square triangles - easy for a beginner needing practice with hst's.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]451370[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails star-table-runner_edited-3.jpg  
Old 12-12-2013, 08:13 AM

If you go to Quilt In a Day, she has a video in Victory Quilts using just a regular 6x24 ruler. Directions are in the book Victory Quilts.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:36 AM

I used the Deb Tucker ruler and really liked it. I also like the fact she has the how to video on her website. The ruler makes several size stars from small to large. The stars do come out super nice. Unless I know I will get a lot of use from a ruler I don't usually buy one. I know I will use this ruler again because I love the pattern.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:51 AM

I have the Deb Tucker template and it worked exceptional well for the LeMoyne Star quilts I have made.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I don't use templates for a lemoyne star. I cut strips, and use the 45 degree line on my rulr to cut the diamonds.
Ditto here. And it was one of the early quilts I made. You will probably have to make a correction cut every few cuts on the 45 but still easier/cheaper than buying templates.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:23 AM

I used a paper piece template. The diamond template I have doesn't make the ends look as nice at the paper piecing did. I made a king size from scrappys and set it together using a turquiose color my daughter requested. Plus I hand quilted the top because she wanted it done similar to the NonSuch patttern I did for her brother. If they were gifts for anyone else I would have sent them out to the long arm quilter I often use. Post a [icture when you finish it. They are a lovely quilt when done.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by evelyn5269 View Post
Has anyone done the Lemoyne Star and what template/ruler did you use. Deb Tucker has one and then Jan Krantz has a different ruler and puts them together a bit different. I love the lemoyne star. Anxious to hear your response or advice.
Thanks,
Evelyn in Sequim WA
As a beginning quilter, I was making a sampler quilt along with several others. One of the blocks was a Lemoyne Star block that everyone was having trouble with. I happened to go to a quilt show before I started my block and saw the Deb Tucker demonstration, using her Lemoyne Star Ruler. I bought the ruler, watched the video and made my block with no trouble. One quilter who had already "worn out and discarded" a block, borrowed the ruler and made a block with no trouble. The ruler and instructions included many different sizes. I LOVE it!!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by evelyn5269 View Post
Has anyone done the Lemoyne Star and what template/ruler did you use. Deb Tucker has one and then Jan Krantz has a different ruler and puts them together a bit different. I love the lemoyne star. Anxious to hear your response or advice.
Thanks,
Evelyn in Sequim WA
I LOVE Deb Tucker's rulers for this!! very little waste and perfect matching...
Old 12-13-2013, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by onthelake View Post
As a beginning quilter, I was making a sampler quilt along with several others. One of the blocks was a Lemoyne Star block that everyone was having trouble with. I happened to go to a quilt show before I started my block and saw the Deb Tucker demonstration, using her Lemoyne Star Ruler. I bought the ruler, watched the video and made my block with no trouble. One quilter who had already "worn out and discarded" a block, borrowed the ruler and made a block with no trouble. The ruler and instructions included many different sizes. I LOVE it!!
ME TOO!! I am a BIG FAN of Deb Tucker's rulers………they make everything so much easier - and everything always matches up perfectly!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:16 AM
QM
Power Poster

The ruler method worked well for me, although I more often cheat with the HST method, which is definitely not a true Lemoyne.