Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Lesson learned... LOVE ALL YOUR FABRICS FIRST!

Oh, I feel for you!!! I agree, to love your fabrics is to last a lifetime!!
    Love 4 stchen

Even though they are blah to you they may be beautiful to someone else. We are all different and have different tastes you know!
    Lorraine

How about using them for a quilt backing?

That's why I don't do mystery quilts. I always have to know it will be a pattern I really like before I spend time doing it. I am a big fan of charity quilts and figure just because I don't like it doesn't mean some one somewhere won't love it.

Blog Entries
    If all else fails - find someone else to give it all to. Several years ago, I was working on a quilt top and I had gotten to a point that I knew I was just going to hate it. I quilt with a group at a community center and I put everything for the quilt into a plastic baggie, along with the directions, and laid it on a table in their entry hall where people leave things that you can take for free. I went back later that day and it was GONE! I know that someone else saw it and liked it and it got finished and was donated as a charity quilt. Someones trash (mine), was someone elses treasure!

Blog Entries
    sorry to hear that. but you should make 4 lap top and donate them.

good luck
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Finish them and then applique fall pumpkins and or sunflowers on top !

I think it would look good, with a little tweaking. I would finish it up and just find someone to give it to.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Put it together anyway, and how about appliquing flowers, vines, etc over the top?

RDM
    Blog Entries
    How discouraging to do all that work and not be happy with the outcome. Everyone wants to save $ and use stash, but we time spent sewing on what you don't really like is also costly. Your time is worth a lot. Thanks for the reminder to do what I love in fabrics I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianemarie View Post
    Finish them and then applique fall pumpkins and or sunflowers on top !
    I am just learning how to applique next week in my quilt group! - I can almost see the sunflowers...hmmmm....my daughter had sunflowers in her November wedding....maybe a first year Anniversary throw to go with their black couch...hmmmmm....I am seeing possibilities - I am almost excited now - let's see if I can master applique first - hahaha
    Loretta Sewhappytoquilt

Dee
    How about making a backing on a quilt. Or put bright outlines on the squares. Jazz it up with mateliac thread. Just ideas. Hope you can see some quilt in later days.

Blog Entries
    I hear ya - I have so little time to quilt I feel compelled to only put projects I love under my needle.
    And the last part is such work I wouldn't bother unless I love it completely.

But if you can find a way to love it - even better. Yeah, I'm starting to really reconsider keeping a big stash. I seem to really love the ones that are matched sets from the same collections. I'm starting to build "kits" and there's always some substantial piece missing from my stash darnit.

Good luck! It looks like a nice masculine top to me too, but more black is needed (or a dark color).

If you don't like it, just cut it in to smaller pieces and add to something you love. Make is a challenge to save it.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by lfstamper View Post
    If you don't like it, just cut it in to smaller pieces and add to something you love. Make is a challenge to save it.
    Hahaha - your comment made me laugh - to "make it a challenge" - we gals are always up for a good challenge, right?
    Loretta Sewhappytoquilt

Have you considered a bright wild applique on top of it? Or do a still life picture and use this for a table cloth with a lamp on it, or a tiger (who let my wild side out?) Make it fun, don't give up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3