Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin... >

Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

Old 11-02-2013, 07:13 PM

This is a beautiful quilt.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:23 PM

I got my FiL's quilt sewn together, sandwiched, and about half of it tied. Going to try to rest tomorrow--still struggling to get over sinus and ear infections, and I've got to be better to work on Monday.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 PM

riutzelj LOVE your rooster. My sister wants 2 wall hangings for her newly decorated dinette area and I've been stumped so procrastinating...... You've given me inspirations. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:39 PM

mdall. Love your use of recycled finds. Makes me want to go to thrift store for shoes. Gave away my heals 20 yrs ago, had broken toe that gave me a hammer toe and neuroma. Too bad, had to give up those foot torturers....such a shame.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:43 PM

AngeliaNR, I've struggled with sinus infections for 30 yrs. One time it got so bad, I couldn't even drive. After DH took me to the doctor, DH had to tell me what I was suppose to do. I've also heard of the infection going into the brain. So, don't dismiss this, get to the doctor.

Now, when I get a sinus headache, I take decongestant and saline nasal spray. Finally found something that works for me to avoid the infections.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM

You have been busy. Beautiful projects.

*I started Thursay evening and finished a Christmas wreath; hanging pocket and label too.
*Friday we had errands; for my new "woman cave" we picked up products to stain door, drapes and hardware, bought an area rug on sale and discount too, got some sequins to put flowers in christmas wreath, bought basil for kitchen window (got those planted), dropped off sewing machine for repairs, picked up another sewing machine from service and repair (honest, I'm really not hard on machines, but when it rains it pours) then....drum roll..... bought and picked up a used Horn Quilter's Dream cabinet. Got home exhausted. Tried to put the studio back together.....No actual sewing.
* Today I taught a one person class. In the PM she was doing mostly practicing, so I got out a project and did some quilting on a Thanksgiving wall hanging. Then went shopping for more drapery (black out curtain....don't want my fabric stash fading) for the "woman cave" and more plants: cyclamen, leeks and cilantro. Got those planted and going to get my studio back together.
*Tonight we get an extra hour, no more daylight savings time. Then church and Bible study. So I think my Virtual Quilt Weekend is over.

See ya next time.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
I have the One Block Wonder Cubed book, but there is a blogger who just did a series of posts on how to put together one of these quilts. The address is http://quilterinthecloset.blogspot.com/ so check her archived posts for details.
Thanks a lot for this information.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:03 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]444628[/ATTACH]
Pressing open and trimming up half-square triangles for Jamestown Landing, a Bonnie Hunter quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]444629[/ATTACH]
Mine will be red and green. These have been a leader / ender project for me, but sometimes you gotta stop and tidy it up!
Attached Thumbnails img_0428.jpg   img_0427.jpg  
Old 11-03-2013, 03:37 AM

My hubby and I stopped at an antique shop that was next to the dutch bakery. (had to stop and by a few goodies and coffee) and how...there was a booth selling a bunch of twin size postage stamp tops...perfect shape...the seams matched perfectly. old fabrics but in perfect shape. They were only 25.00 a piece. If I was not a quilter I would get one. There were about 10 being sold. They also had some tied ones there all old fabric but in perfect shape. The funny thing is was they were back in a corner on a self that I did not see...the hubby came and found me to show me...LOL...I would love to have bought block pieces but not really interested in the whole top being done.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:34 AM

Ok...decided I have to go to the Quilt shop...we are going to be driving by there anyways today. Its and hour away...but my favorite shop in Pelham, NH Bits and Pieces. I have a bunch of batiks that I have decided to use and was going to use grey cotton but slept on it..and decided to bit the bullet and buy a few yards of grey batik of the strips - I am making the falling charms except my blocks are 6 1/2 inches - The fabric is so pretty that I wanted larger blocks. I wanted to use 8 inch but the hubby likes the 6 1/2 inch. This will be for the king size quilt that I am making. In the winter two quilts are just perfect....for these cold winters.