Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Let the Virtual Quilt Weekend Begin...

Blog Entries
    [QMy husband loves this. now he wants me to make him one. I don't think I could make it this nice. UOTE=riutzelj;6383006]i'm in:Attachment 444564Attachment 444565Attachment 444566
    i am working on finishing the border and then i think he needs more thread painting in the blue sections. He is a wall hanging so the fact that he is turning out to be a bit stiff is okay.[/QUOTE]

only sixteen more stars. Nine different patterns. Here is the link to the quilt along if you are interested http://littlebunnyquilts.blogspot.co...ilt-along.html

The patterns are free for now.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Isn't he a bold looking fellow. Love it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
    mdall. Love your use of recycled finds. Makes me want to go to thrift store for shoes. Gave away my heals 20 yrs ago, had broken toe that gave me a hammer toe and neuroma. Too bad, had to give up those foot torturers....such a shame.
    Pet, oh I feel your pain as far as the shoes goes. I could not imagine life without my heels. I love them. They make me feel like I can take on the world when I am in them. I dont have many opprotunities to wear them but I make the times. I have been known to wear them to football games and such. Not really practical around here in the boonies but got have my shoe time. The pincushion I made was actually a ring holder. Just ripped out the holder and placed a cushion in there. Not sure how using an actual shoe would work. Seems like it could be almost to large of a pincushion. I guess for those that have tons of room in their sewing area. I have a pair of heels that would make a mind blowing cushion. The shoes themselves are mind blowing. I still havent mastered walking in them. One day it will happen, then off to the ballgame I will go.LOL

Well with the sewing I have been doing since thursday and the stuff I plan on finishing today I'm in.
    So far I have replace a zipper on a costume for thursday night,made 6 pillowcases for my guild charity challenge with lots more to do today,lots of costume fixes and replacements. So for today I will start by running out to get some fabric to finish a quilt border for tomorrows charity quilting bee and get that finished,piece my mens top together (everything already to the block stage also for tomorrow,some more pillowcases (need to do some cutting first ) and then some more nutcracker costumes since the first dress rehersal is next sunday.

oops, i meant the rooster ;-)

Blog Entries
    Doing my first real LA quilt. It's twin size and I'm really anxious to see it off the frame.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

two adorable pincushions!

I'm looking forward to see what you do with the crumbs.

Well, this is my last show and tell for this sewing weekend. It's been fun seeing all your projects.

block 2a from the Starburst quilt along (she released the pattern early. yay!)

Although I don't have much to show, I thought I'd share the Nov BOM that I have just finished laying out all the teensie parts to and now have to try to assemble them and come out with a 12" finished block
    Name:  Nov not sewn yet002 (Small).JPG
Views: 181
Size:  55.8 KB I think/hope that once the sections are joined & moved over above the next row that it will turn out like the T's .... wish me luck!

impressive, Thimblebug!

Two quilts quilted today! I love, love, love glue basting with Elmers and mindless meandering. I've got it down to 1 hour and 45 minutes for a 4 x 6 quilt. But boy are my shoulders tired and sore, thank goodness for coffee!

Wow, those of you working on tiny blocks--I'm impressed! I don't have the patience work on pieces that small. I did manage to complete everything I wanted this weekend. This is my last Thanksgiving wall hanging ready to hang as soon as I find a hanger! And I have a Christmas quilt top to add to the pile for finishing later this month. That's a completely separate goal--to finish the several quilt tops by the end of the month

I've really enjoyed quilting with all of you this weekend. Let's plan the next one for the weekend of Dec 13-15. That should be helpful for last minute gifts. I'll keep checking in tonight to see what else people are doing.
    Heather

DebraK, I think that stars quilt will be beautiful when complete.
    Thimblebug, you are very brave!
    Toverly, congrats in the finishes.

Here is my update. I didn't get nearly as far as I had hoped, somehow the weekends are never long enough, but progress is progress, yes?

Name:  2007-02-15 13.16.28.smjpg.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  300.9 KBName:  2007-02-17 13.49.01sm.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  82.0 KB

Thank goodness I managed to complete the block... have company coming for dinner... and a hike tomorrow and company coming on Tuesday, whew..... I sure do envy you members that were making fun things while I was plodding along..... but done is good! Name:  Nov done002_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 120
Size:  143.0 KB

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I finally finished that red quilt!!! All that's left, besides taking a photo of it, is the binding & I don't have enough fabric, so will have to get more tomorrow. Today was a press all the fabric I used as packing material when we moved in June. Gonna break in my Go! Baby making squares & triangles. I have several projects in mind for them.
    Kathy

Thanks to the Virtual Quilt weekend I managed to get my avatar quilt ...Fading charms completed. It is not perfect by any means, I am still a beginner quilter and know that I tend to be more creative than accurate in my piecing but I am learning with every quilt I make.

This quilt will be a birthday gift for a very dear friend. She fell in love with this from the moment she first saw me starting to put 2 inch squares together. She will not admit to her age... and will only say that this is a Big Birthday... all I can say that when I get to be her age and look as good as she does and have the energy to do all that she does... I will be proud to tell folks my age.

Name:  IMG_0777.JPG
Views: 145
Size:  1.84 MB

I sewed some on my braid quilt and sandwiched, quilted, and bound from the back a baby quilt. The top, batting, and backing were provided for me but it was the first time that I stitched diagonally rather than tie it or tack it with a small design like a butterfly. I sure have some crooked sewing lines in the middle. I remembered to quilt the center first thanks to postings on QB. My back is sore from wrestling just a baby quilt!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by retiredteacher09; 11-03-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Judy5cents, your quilt is on my to-do list as a baby quilt but I will use 4 inch squares that were given to me.

It is very pretty.

Connie

Blog Entries
    Checking in late - anyone still sewing?

I did finish what I planned! Yipee - 2 quilts quilted and 3 pairs of jeans hemmed!

Night Night!

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

You all have been a busy bunch this weekend! I enjoy reading about all you are doing and the pictures provide such inspiration. No sewing for me this weekend - went to 13 year old grandson's football game. They won the Super Bowl in their age group!! Took my Mom and husband to lunch with the team to celebrate. Then brought two grandkids home to spend the night. This morning my husband and son sorted cows and calves while 4 grandkids and I played. They left about 12:30. After cleaning up the house and reading for a while we took my Mom to supper. Now home and settling in the night. Maybe I can get to my sewing tomorrow!

Blog Entries
    Well I did do some brain quilting. After a long search I found Missourie star video for merry I go. I took off the pattern and then started to cut all the 5" blocks and joins them . They are all ready now for cutting and then make into blocks.
    It took ages to find the viseo tutorial. Sometimes it was not in the list . It took longer as I couldn't remember the. Name but knew the pattern. Will post picture at end of today Monday when it is all together.
    Finished is better than a UFO

I got a bunch of burp cloths sewn up and embrodieried. Got a quilt delivered and now I am clear to move on to other things.

wonderful quilt.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast