Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! >

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 PM

In Roseburg Oregon we have only 1 qs but, in my opinion, they go out of their way to provide assistance, encouragement, and praise. The owner is Charlie but all the ladies that work there have the same helpfulness.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:55 PM

TRY THE WEST VIRGINIA QUILTS ON MAIN STREET IN BARBOURSVILLE...LOVE THAT SHOP BUT IT IS NEARLY 90 MILES FROM MY HOME, SO DON'T VISIT AS OFTEN AS I WOULD LIKE.
ANOTHER IS THE SEASONS, IN SALYERSVILLE, KY. (ABOUT 15 MILES FROM ME)IT IS A GIFT, VARIETY SHOP BUT CARRY A GOOD VARIETY OF QUILT FABRICS. THE LADIES THERE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY TO HAVE A VISITOR. THEY STILL TEAR THE FABRIC !!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 PM

Quilter's Escape in Oconto Falls, WI.
I stopped in and saw that there was a class in a couple of days with a new ruler. I decided to take the class. When I went to sign up for it, I found out I needed to do some homework before the class.
I was staying on my boat in a nearby town and had a machine, but no rotary cutter or ruler. When I told the owner of the shop my sad story - she handed me a Olfa cutter and ruler to use.
I had not met the woman before. I couldn't believe it. I know that quilter's are great people, but this was above and beyond.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on talking about good trips to the LQS.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

Bear Paws and Hollihocks in Sacramento, CA. It is a really nice store with good selection of fabric, notions, books, classes, and a really friendly staff. Some of the ladies are funny - I always laugh when I go there.

Contrary to popular belief, I generally get good service at the Joann in Roseville. Can't complain.

Then there is a Beverly's in Rocklin with a fabulous fabric department. They have a delicious selection of flannels. Yum!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:27 PM

I love Olive Juice Quilts in Onalaska, WI. It's pricey but such great staff and service. Also, River's Edge Antiques and Quilts in Hayward, WI. I was visiting my DS abd BIL over July 4th in Cable, WI and took my machine and quilt with me. I needed more thread so looked online and found the shop. I went there and they were fabulous! Tons of fabrics I really liked and great service. I bought the thread, quilting gloves and beautiful fabric, some on sale. I was doing FMQ for the first time and my hands were slipping on the fabric so I was gripping and moving it with my fingernails...not fun! Then I remembered that on this board I'd read about quilting gloves. $8 at the shop and they work like a dream.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:40 PM

I have 5 that I go to regularly in Southeastern Ohio and they are all Super! Puzzle Pieces in Marietta, OHio is the nicest people. They call me by name. Just bought my Baby Lock at Touch of Thread in Zanesville, Ohio and they spent an hour just showing me things about the machine. Sew Happy Quilting in Little Hocking is just wonderful and gave me great ideas. I feel very fortunate. So if you are in Southeastern Ohio you will have a hay day. Plus we are only 1 hr 45 min from Amish Country. A Quilter's dream!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:00 PM

sewinggrams,

I have never been in the other quilt shop in Stillwater, always seem to wind up at the Quilt Box, but will stop in there to say hello next time I am in the area
Old 07-16-2010, 07:10 PM

In ridgway, Pennsylvania, there is a store called JoRae's and she is wonderful! She has the best fabric and she takes the time to greet you and help you with colors, yardage, or whatever. One day, I went in and had no cash (she doesn't take credit) and even though I don't live there, she gave me the fabric and her address to mail my check to!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM

My LQS 's owner is evelyn,She always has time for me,even when I don't know what I want.She is a very dear and knowledgeable stop and see her sometime,BAYVIEW CALICOS AuGres Michigan,Also STITCHERS GARDEN in Franklin Tn.wow does she have the fabric
Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 PM

None close but now this thread listed ones I should find while driving south for the winter.
Can we get the signs on the interstates to show fabric stores like they do gas. Had a good laugh about the Canadian Tire funny money as we keep a separate wallet for it so maybe I have a reason to go on trip to find that store.