Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's be nice! >

Let's be nice!

Let's be nice!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:36 PM

I agree completely.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM

I say amen... but if someone is selling a puppy (I did not see it) wouldn't that be up to them and administration...
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 PM

As a whole I think our society is becoming more negative (maybe it's because of the economy). I really do hope that isn't so because I really do like the wonderful people on this board. Everyone is so nice, and so encouraging. I am really grateful for all the kind things everyone has to say. So I hope all that negativity doesn't start to seep into the "Quilting Board". If it does we could always build a damn to hold it back.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:53 PM

This not a place to sell live animals. the only selling allowed on this board is quilt related.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:06 PM

One of the main reasons I love this place is the friendliness of everyone here. I participate in another board having to do with books and people get down right mean and nasty there sometimes. It is often a total train wreck. I wonder why I even go there sometimes, but old habits and all that I guess.

Coming here is like a nice cleansing shower. Or maybe going to Gramma's or out to lunch with girlfriends.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
This not a place to sell live animals. the only selling allowed on this board is quilt related.
You are absolutely right, but there are nice ways of saying things without words like shameful.

Congratulations! I just saw your note about a grandbaby! That is just so exciting!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 PM

the way I understood the young gal's post was that she was staying with her mom and trying to finish school and her puppy didn't get along with her mom's dogs. I don't think she wanted to sell her dog. the other women were the ones who told her she shouldn't put her puppy outside in a kennel. she said she spent quite a bit of time out there with the puppy but it whined so bad. well puppies do whine, especially when they have to do something like she did. she had schooling to finish and then moving. I feel that she was doing the right thing in taking care of her puppy so that it didn't get hurt by the big dogs and those women who posted mean spiteful things shouldn't have said anything. all they did was hurt her feelings. She wasn't hurting any of them. this world needs to start learning how to love one another again as it says in the Bible. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Love thyself and others. Sorry about going on like this but some times it just gets me when people do this, just because they are the internet they think they can say or do anything they please and it won't ever catch them. My good MIL said what goes around comes around and it does. If we treat everyone the way we want to be treated this world would so much better off.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
the way I understood the young gal's post was that she was staying with her mom and trying to finish school and her puppy didn't get along with her mom's dogs. I don't think she wanted to sell her dog. the other women were the ones who told her she shouldn't put her puppy outside in a kennel. she said she spent quite a bit of time out there with the puppy but it whined so bad. well puppies do whine, especially when they have to do something like she did. she had schooling to finish and then moving. I feel that she was doing the right thing in taking care of her puppy so that it didn't get hurt by the big dogs and those women who posted mean spiteful things shouldn't have said anything. all they did was hurt her feelings. She wasn't hurting any of them. this world needs to start learning how to love one another again as it says in the Bible. Treat others as you wish to be treated. Love thyself and others. Sorry about going on like this but some times it just gets me when people do this, just because they are the internet they think they can say or do anything they please and it won't ever catch them. My good MIL said what goes around comes around and it does. If we treat everyone the way we want to be treated this world would so much better off.
After reading your post, I remember I did see that one, at the very beginning. I did not feel she was trying to sell her puppy. From what I recall she needed to keep the puppy away from the other dogs.
We all need to try and be nice to others. It does no one any good to be bashing them.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks Sadiemae! I am quite excited about my new grandson!!! He is due the 13th of May. My poor daughter is so uncomfortable and has been quite sick. I hope and pray this is not an only child for her!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Power Poster

There were two topics. The first was "help with dog in a kennel." This young girl is trying to get her education and keep her young pit happy until she can move out of her Mom's house. She is doing everything she can possibly do. The second was a puppy that was for sale, and I think the young lady just didn't understand that she couldn't sale a puppy on the site. There are so many people who just don't read the rules. She apologized as soon as the first post was made, but it was followed by some more negative comments. It was quickly deleted because of the really cruel posts that were made to the topic.

Gayle, You are very welcome! I will be watching with anticipation! I was never lucky enough to have children, so I have kind of taken my sister's grandkids under my wings and I make them all quilts. They are so precious. The youngest was born with a hole in her heart, which the doctors didn't find until she couldn't gain weight. She has now had open heart surgery and is doing fantastic. It was really scary for her to have open heart surgery when she was about 10 months old, but she is so cute and making fantastic progress. The doctors said it would take 4 four weeks recovery. Within two weeks she was home and running a hundred miles a minute. I know I ramble, but I am very happy for you.