Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's be nice! >

Let's be nice!

Let's be nice!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 PM

I suppose I am lucky I didn't read the post! I can't even offer a "should have not" or a "why did you" response. My opinion probably doesn't matter to many, but to those that understand what I am saying, it is valued.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. The only gray areas I allow for myself is in quilting. If I offend anyone, then please PM me and I will adjust my attitude if I think it is necessary. Ha! I was actually asked to leave an online college class because the instructor did not understand the "tone" of my written word in a class discussion board. Sarcastic remarks will come back to bite you in the arse every time, unless you personally know the people you are speaking to.

I do know that I did not read this initial discussion topic. I do know that I did not respond to anyone about their puppies. I really wish that I could have seen it. I have been told that I should have been a Psycho-analyst. Mom says I analyze things too much. Dad tells me I am a psycho. Go figure!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 PM

That's the one I try to use. Also, sometimes if something "hits a nerve", which happens to us all, I ask myself....."what will this comment accomplish?" I have kept my mouth shut many times after asking myself that question...LOL :D

Originally Posted by GagaSmith
The old saying still applies "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." This is not the place to beat people up.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Administrator

This is a bit ironic, don'tcha think?

This whole topic points in a negative direction.

The subject is negative and critical.
The responses are negative and critical.

The entire line of discussion invites argument.

While it's easy enough to assume it was begun with the intent to be helpful, the results can't be anything but the opposite.

(side note: what's posted on other sites is not relevant to ours.)