Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let's be nice!

I was just perusing the recent posts and opened one about a puppy. So cute! But as I read the comments from others, I found myself shocked by the negativity. It reminded me of a post a few days ago, in which a member said she would never post again because of the way she was chastised. I'm not siding with anyone about whether it's okay to offer a puppy for sale or not on the quilting board-I don't really have an opinion. But-wouldn't it be better to pm someone rather than to hang your negative comments out and embarrass them publicly?
    Just thinking it would be a little kinder. . .

Blog Entries
    I read the post/comments ............and completely agree.

Great point.

Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)
    Blog Entries
    I agree that it's best to keep comments positive.

That makes the forum a nicer place to spend time.

And you know we ALL like hanging around here... :)

But-wouldn't it be better to pm someone rather than to hang your negative comments out and embarrass them publicly?

Yes, I agree.

community benefactor mbogenpohl's Avatar
    I agree totally! Let's be nice and send Pm's to other's if there is a problem. I've been in this same situation and it is very hurtful to see others talking about you in such a manner it's just unbelievable.

Blog Entries
    That topic has been deleted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeNana
    That topic has been deleted.
    This is good, I hope she knows we love her and feel bad for her.

The old saying still applies "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." This is not the place to beat people up.

I agree.

I want to draw your attention to this blog and the negative comments someone wrote about this quilter's book. I have been feeling very badly about it all week.

http://stitchindye.blogspot.com/

I have left a note of support for her...but why do people feel it necessary to be so negative and hurtful?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Personally, if you are being negative, I don't even want a pm. LOL. Glad we ,in the 99% positive group, respect each other and their opinions. I think those of us who plan on being here for many years are nice all the time. We want this board to be a good place to chat with our cyber quilters. We are fortunate, with a group this big, that we only have a few negaholics here. And they could be having a bad day. Giving all the benefit of the doubt.♥♥

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriola
    I want to draw your attention to this blog and the negative comments someone wrote about this quilter's book. I have been feeling very badly about it all week.

I have left a note of support for her...but why do people feel it necessary to be so negative and hurtful?
    Because they weren't taught any manners?

I agree!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by frauhahn
    I was just perusing the recent posts and opened one about a puppy. So cute! But as I read the comments from others, I found myself shocked by the negativity. It reminded me of a post a few days ago, in which a member said she would never post again because of the way she was chastised. I'm not siding with anyone about whether it's okay to offer a puppy for sale or not on the quilting board-I don't really have an opinion. But-wouldn't it be better to pm someone rather than to hang your negative comments out and embarrass them publicly?
    Just thinking it would be a little kinder. . .

Please, let's all try to be nice to each other!!!!
    I did not see the thread, obviously another moderator did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriola

That is so sad. Why can't they just go find what they like and leave other people alone????

I didn't see the thread either, but it is possible the person was new to the board and didn't realize the right place to sell a puppy. I was a member her for months before I discovered that pictures of quilts should go under Pictures and not Main. I thought Main was the only thing available.

I have read a few negative comments lately, and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Most quilters are so friendly...I just wish all were.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dina
    I didn't see the thread either, but it is possible the person was new to the board and didn't realize the right place to sell a puppy. I was a member her for months before I discovered that pictures of quilts should go under Pictures and not Main. I thought Main was the only thing available.

I have read a few negative comments lately, and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Most quilters are so friendly...I just wish all were.
    She only had around 95 posts.

Blog Entries
    I didn't see the thread, but I totally agree, I think the only way is to treat one another as we want to be treated.

Blog Entries
    It is kind of sad, but I have learned the hard way that "Unwatch" can be my best friend when things get overheated. I know that in the end I will be the one that gets upset, so I just stay away from it. I also have noticed that during the last couple of weeks there have been some really negative comments made when kind comments could have accomplished the same objective.

Blog Entries
    I agree completely.

I say amen... but if someone is selling a puppy (I did not see it) wouldn't that be up to them and administration...

Blog Entries
    As a whole I think our society is becoming more negative (maybe it's because of the economy). I really do hope that isn't so because I really do like the wonderful people on this board. Everyone is so nice, and so encouraging. I am really grateful for all the kind things everyone has to say. So I hope all that negativity doesn't start to seep into the "Quilting Board". If it does we could always build a damn to hold it back.

This not a place to sell live animals. the only selling allowed on this board is quilt related.

One of the main reasons I love this place is the friendliness of everyone here. I participate in another board having to do with books and people get down right mean and nasty there sometimes. It is often a total train wreck. I wonder why I even go there sometimes, but old habits and all that I guess.

Coming here is like a nice cleansing shower. Or maybe going to Gramma's or out to lunch with girlfriends.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast